Court rules Cal Spas can continue with expansion plans
August 29, 2005-- Casual Living,
A California Superior Court Judge ruled in favor of Cal Spas' expansion and ended the legal challenge filed last year by the City of Pomona.
The lawsuit alleged Cal Spas had entered into a secret deal to sell land Pomona wanted for a waste transfer station, but Judge Richard L. Fruin, Jr. found differently, the home resort products manufacturer announced.
The win allows Cal Spas, already Pomona’s largest employer, to continue with the expansion that will double its manufacturing facility to more than 1 million square feet and create a total workforce of more than 1,200. Phase one, which is nearly complete, is a 300,000-sq.-ft. building that will house manufacturing lines and executive offices. Phase two of the expansion began Aug. 1.
“There was no basis for this frivolous suit to begin with,” said Casey Loyd, president of Cal Spas, who couldn’t be happier with the victory. “Now that we’ve had our day in court, we can put this matter behind us. Judge Fruin’s decision will allow Cal Spas to continue to supply the growing demand for our products, and of course, to help build a stronger work force in Pomona, California.”
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
The Original Pawleys Island's Roney says classics are here to stay