National Hardware Show space filling up fast
December 4, 2009-- Casual Living,
The National Hardware Show floor space is more than 86% filled with six months left until the show opens May 4-6, 2010 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“Manufacturers from all over the globe have reserved their location on the show floor with many companies expecting to unveil new products at the show,” said Ed Several, group vice president & show manager, National Hardware Show. “We are optimistic that the expected market recovery in mid-2010 will encourage retailers to diversify their inventory mix by reviewing hundreds of thousands of new SKUs in a variety of price points and gaining valuable insight, ideas and inspiration.”
Brands representing the seven major product categories that are exhibiting at the National Hardware Show include: 3M; Ames True Temper; Arrow Fasteners; Bond Manufacturing, Brinkmann Corporation, Burpee Garden Products; Camp Chef; Channellock; Coleman Cable, Cosco Home & Office; Designers Edge, Earthtronics, Elmer’s Products; EMSLO Group, Fiskars; Feit Electric; Ferry Morse Seed, Gleason Group, Henke/ Loctite, IDC Westinghouse, Illinois Tool Works, Jarden’s First Alert brand; Karcher, N.A., Little Giant/Franklin Electric, MTD Products, Racor, Rio Brands, Stack-On Products, ShurTech Brands, Southern Patio, Stanley National Hardware; Stanley Tape, The Hammock Source, Vaughn & Bushnell; Whirlpool/Gladiator Garage Works; Worx and The Scotts Company.
“New programs, products, insights and customer value have all contributed to this early commitment to next year’s show we believe,” Several said. “We’ve created a series of Discovery Zones where retailers can see the latest new products in categories that they buy; brand new custom research and insight being revealed through the North American Retail Hardware Association; consumer product testing will be conducted by HANDY magazine and the Handyman Club of America and a whole host of other brands will be announced in the near future. We are very excited for the 2010 event.”
The National Hardware Show celebrates a history spanning 65 years of serving the home improvement marketplace. From its early beginnings in New York during the post-World War II housing boom and eventual move to Chicago in the 1970s to the current location in Las Vegas, the National Hardware Show continually evolves through the industry’s involvement, commitment and passion to improving America’s quality of life through their homes.
Today, the National Hardware Show is the place for global manufacturers, associations, organizations and the media to unveil their new products, ideas and insights to a broad spectrum of home improvement resellers. The National Hardware Show is organized into seven major product focus areas including: Hardware & Tools; Homewares; Lawn, Garden & Outdoor Living; Paint & Accessories; Plumbing & Electrical; Storage & Organization and an international sourcing area.
Contributing associations and partners include:
• North American Retail Hardware Association hosting its annual Industry Summit & Village;
• Paint & Decorating Retailers Association presenting Future Fair and Top of the Line Retailer Awards;
• Home Channel News’ 26th Golden Hammer Awards;
• HomeWorld Business magazine’s Third Annual Innovations Awards;
• The Worldwide DIY Council, comprised of some 130 exporting manufacturers from the United States and Canada will hold its annual Board of Directors meetings, general meetings and seminars and a reception sponsored by the NRHA;
• HANDY magazine and the Handyman Club of America to present Power Tool Alley where Handyman Club members will be conducting at-show testing of products;
• The Money Pit, nationally syndicated radio show, will conduct its annual National Hardware Show media tour.
For additional and updated information, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com.
Related Content By Author
Design Camps set for Atlanta and Las Vegas markets