Parasoleil hosting photography contest
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, August 16, 2012
Parasoleil, a manufacturer of custom architectural perforated panels, is launching a contest for aspiring architectural photographers.
The company established the annual Parasoleil Photography Competition "to recognize and award those photographers who have best captured the beauty and uniqueness of our installations." According to the Parasoleil website, the company will "do it's best to promote your work-not as exceptional, but as the best."
Competition guidelines include:
- Set a photographic itinerary by choosing a Parasoleil installation nearby or close to a place you plan to visit.
- Select the setting you think best captures the uniqueness and beauty of the Parasoleil panels and plan to shoot at a time of day that maximizes the effect the panels create.
- Make sure to secure the proper authorization for shooting the space. Any person photographed on location should provide you with written permission.
- Feel free to vary your shots: take close-ups or wide views, photograph locations with or without people and focus on many shadows or very few.
- Remember that your work may be posted on large banners or billboards. Award-winning shots need to be high quality, taken at high resolution.
- You may digitally edit your work, but you should let Parasoleil know. Your entry may be disqualified if you fail to do so, or if your digital editing somehow misrepresents the location or the business associated with the installation.
- Submit multiple images (up to eight) of an installation.
- Confirm that Parasoleil has received your entries by contacting the company one week after you have submitted your work.