Eco-savvy luxury spas
Why D1 Spas' hot tubs are good for the body and the planet
Cinde Ingram -- Casual Living, November 3, 2011
Described as liquid furniture, Elemental incorporates an artisan frame and Canyon exterior color to blend with this Southwestern setting.
D1 Spas brings wellness to the backyard by offering a diverse line of high-end hot tubs and swim spas that are good for the body and the planet. The line's earth-friendly features include:
• 100% foam insulation so spas use up to 85% less energy than traditional in-ground, non-insulated hot tubs.
• Hot tub and swim spa exteriors are made with recycled plastic milk containers. This 100% recycled (HDPE) material is environmentally stable, does not release harmful fumes and requires no staining or painting.
• The industry's first water purification system that not only uses ultraviolet light combined with ozone as a germicidal agent to reduce chemical usage, but also returns 84% of its power back to the water as heat.
• D1's patented five-step filtration system - using earth-friendly options like an ozonator, UV light, a zinc-and-silver mineral cartridge and a filter - requires less chlorine to stay pure than is contained in most city drinking water and uses less electricity than a 100-watt bulb.
• Certified renewable forestry sources, as defined by the FSC, are used for all wood components in the structural frame of the spa.
• Proof of energy efficiency: While prices for these luxury hot tubs range from $15,000 to $40,000, monthly heating costs are only $15 to $25.
In April 2008, the San Diego Gas & Electric Company presented D1 Spas with a certificate of recognition for Excellence in Energy Conservation. This certificate recognizes Dimension One Spas' leadership in participation in the region's demand-response programs, which are designed to conserve energy resources and manage energy reliability. Their participation in these events helped SDG&E manage electricity demands during several critical times, helping make a difference for the region's communities and environment.
• Vision System Cartridge: This specially designed cleaning cartridge lasts up to six months, minimizing chlorine usage while destroying 99% of bacteria on contact - leaving water sparkling clean and feeling soft while significantly reducing chemical maintenance.
Tiny Girl, Big Dream