Surya announces events for spring High Point Market
April 9, 2013,
CALHOUN, Ga. - Rug and home accessories brand Surya has announced its schedule of showroom events for the upcoming spring High Point Market. This year's theme, "Be Inspired," will be explored through a series of design events and training, as well as themed merchandising displays spotlighting the latest colorful trends.
"Surya continues to raise the bar when it comes to delivering the best showroom experience," said Satya Tiwari, Surya president. "This market, we have our strongest lineup of events that are both inspiring and informational. We're striving to create an environment where market visitors can preview the newest products while strengthening their product and merchandising knowledge in the company of like-minded peers. Our goal is for all visitors to go back home with relevant information that will make them successful in accessory sales."
1:30 p.m. Saturday, April 20 - Solving Your Design Challenges: A Conversation with Candice Olson. Candice Olson, interior designer and HGTV host of Divine Design and Candice Tells All, answers market visitors' questions about the design and merchandising challenges they face. High Point attendees can RSVP for the event and submit their questions by registering at http://surya.com/market-registration. The top 10 questions will be selected prior to the event. Everyone who submitted a chosen question will be invited to speak with Olson at an earlier event and will receive a copy of her latest book, Favorite Design Challenges.
4 p.m. Sunday, April 21 - Apartment Therapy: 5 Inspirations for Small Spaces. Author and Apartment Therapy founder Maxwell Ryan shares tips for creating impactful rooms where space is a key concern. The first 25 guests will receive autographed copies of his best-selling book, Big Book of Cool, Small Spaces.
2 p.m. Monday, April 22 - Retailer Tactics for Maximizing Accessory Sales. Leading retailers from across the country discuss their views on the home accessory category and share strategies for building a profitable accessory program. Key areas of emphasis will include merchandising, promotion and cross-sell tactics using the Surya toolkit of support materials. Panelists include:
• Ron Werner, president - HW Home, NHFA 2013 Retailer of the Year
• Matt Huber, vice president of merchandising - Belfort Furniture, NHFA 2012 Retailer of the Year
• Elisa Watson, accessory buyer - Hill Country Holdings (Ashley Furniture), #35 on Furniture Today's 2012 Top 100 Furniture Store List
Related Content By Author
Seasonal Living Showroom Tour
Casual Living eWeekly
Most Viewed Articles
October Digital Edition
Don't miss the October digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s Market Issue, we’ll bring you all the highlights of Casual Market Chicago, from innovative new products and hot trends to this year’s award winners and a taste of the party scene. Plus, you’ll get a sneak peek of all the product debuts at High Point Market.
In this issue:
- Consumer Survey: Did you know three out of four consumers read online reviews before purchasing outdoor furniture? That’s just one of the shopping insights shared in our exclusive report on consumer buying habits.
- Designer Viewpoint: A North Carolina designer creates an outdoor space for a modern-day Brady Bunch. • Barbecue Lifestyle: Our grill guy gives tips on extending the season through the holidays.
- Focus On: Patterns punch up the style quotient of outdoor accessories.