AmericasMart expands Gourmet/Housewares niche
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, November 9, 2010
The January 2011 Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market marks the second anniversary of the grand opening of Building 2 WestWing and debut of the expanded Gourmet/Housewares permanent product center on floor 8 of the building.
The new building enabled AmericasMart to evolve, enhance and take the reigns on the housewares industry. It now is a major player and new home for housewares manufacturers and sales representatives - supported by the strength the gourmet product has always carried within this product center.
The January market at AmericasMart - the first market of the year - provides a stage for gourmet and housewares product launches, line debuts and company introductions, as well as access to the industry's biggest names and most sought-after chefs and education. The product center exposes retailers to more than 150 of the industry's leading gourmet and housewares companies and showcases more than 300 lines, with new names arriving every market.
The fresh faces will include BIA Cordon Bleu, Messermeister, Chantal Cookware, Epicurean Cutting Boards, Guzzini and Jura Capresso.
Additionally, several existing key manufacturers and sales representatives are expanding to showcase more product in Atlanta, including The Connection, The Ryan Group, Delectable Samplings, Joel Kasperzak, Ben Tally, Coastline Imports, Diligence and Lynn's Concepts. The new and established companies in the permanent product center are supported by more than 250 lines in the Gourmet Market Temporaries - strategically located on floor 2 in the same building.
At the heart of the product center is the gourmet state-of-the-art demonstration kitchen, which hosts celebrity chefs and renowned gourmet and housewares leaders. Like every market, the January lineup encompasses an impressive medley of names, including:
• ‘Ace of Cakes' Food Network star Duff Goldman, one of the nation's most sought-after cake decorators, sharing unusual stories and creative industry tips, all based on the creation of his baking empire Charm City Cakes;
• Marcel Vigneron, season one finalist of Bravo's hit TV show "Top Chef" and "Top Chef All-Stars" and soon to debut in "Marcel's Quantum Kitchen" for the SyFy Network, explains how to create delicious new flavors and textures using the latest techniques and must-have kitchen tools;
• Virginia Willis, chef and author of "Bon Appettit Y'all," telling stories of cooking and life in Paris, while preparing gourmet creations from the French city;
• Celebrated local chefs Gerry Klaskala, chef and owner of Aria; Shaun Doty, chef and owner of YEAH! Burger; Mary Moore, celebrity chef and Cook's Warehouse owner;
• Patricia "Sister" Schubert providing her ideas for entertaining and creating meals for family and friends;
• Helen Chen, Asian culinary expert and creator of the exclusive Helen's Asian Kitchen line for Harold Import, teaches how to transform simple, inexpensive ingredients with minimal effort into healthy flavorful dishes ready in minutes;
• Linton Hopkins, three-time James Beard Award nominee for Best Chef Southeast and one of Food and Wine magazine's Best New Chefs, introduces some of All-Clad's latest products through his unique style of cooking;
• Several exhibitor-sponsored events and educational presentations.
More details and a complete event listing for the Gourmet/Housewares product center and entire January Market will be available soon at www.AmericasMart.com.
Related Content By Author
Tiny Girl, Big Dream