Tri Vantage updates awning design software
March 26, 2010,
Tri Vantage now offers version 4.12 of Canvas Link Awning Composer, an updated version of its popular awning design software.
In addition, Awning Composer is now available for download online at www.canvaslink.com. These improvements have been developed to maximize value to the awning fabricator, as it is an essential tool to help design, visualize, fabricate and sell awning systems.
Awning Composer allows fabricators to design 3D awning models and superimpose them onto digital images of a customer’s home or building. Version 4.12 has enhanced applications and added features that make it easier to design, create and present awnings to suit fabricators’ needs. Significant enhancements include:
• More detailed models for stationary and retractable awnings
• All-new training videos and tutorial guides
• Online download with simple one-step installation
• 12 different frame colors for stationary and retractable awnings
• Ability to make fabric objects translucent using the new opacity slider
• New “inside corner” styles for convex and traditional awnings
• New controls and visualization for direct light positioning
• Automatic positioning and sizing of text relative to awning valance
• Updated fabric patterns from participating manufacturers
“Fabricators have responded very favorably to Awning Composer. We have strived to improve and expand the software’s capabilities in version 4.12,” said Mark Stiver, Tri Vantage marketing systems manager. “The enhancements make it a simpler, yet more powerful tool for fabricators to produce customized renderings of awnings and outdoor living spaces for their customers.”
Awning Composer 4.12 has improved several design and scaling functions so users can more accurately create renderings of outdoor living spaces. One new feature is automated scaling, which correctly resizes components of a 3D object. For instance, as an awning size is changed, the fabric stripe repeat and number of valance cutouts automatically scale to of the proper proportion. Also, retractable awning models render with a higher level of detail, so fabricators can now present a more accurate image of the finished awning.
The addition of casual furniture objects enables the creation of complete living space under the awning. Fabricators can coordinate awning fabrics with the fabrics used on furniture pieces. The casual furniture models include dining chairs and tables, chaise lounge chairs, and side tables. Fabricators can choose from more than 100 outdoor furniture fabrics from the High Point Collection of Sunbrella Decorative Fabrics.
The Canvas Link website now contains self-paced training videos to help users learn the software’s basic functions and advanced features. Awning Composer also features a built-in tutorial guide with screenshots available in English, French and Spanish.
Awning Composer can now be downloaded from www.canvaslink.com. Awning Composer 4.12 no longer requires a CD-ROM to install or operate on a PC, and the license agreement has been expanded from an individual license to company-wide license.
Registered users will receive software update notifications via email. Existing Awning Composer 4 users can download the new installer at no charge by entering their registration information at www.canvaslink.com. New users should contact their local Tri Vantage sales representative to order Awning Composer 4.12.
Related Content By Author
Talking Accessories with Laurie Bell
Casual Living eWeekly
Most Viewed Articles
October Digital Edition
Don't miss the October digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s Market Issue, we’ll bring you all the highlights of Casual Market Chicago, from innovative new products and hot trends to this year’s award winners and a taste of the party scene. Plus, you’ll get a sneak peek of all the product debuts at High Point Market.
In this issue:
- Consumer Survey: Did you know three out of four consumers read online reviews before purchasing outdoor furniture? That’s just one of the shopping insights shared in our exclusive report on consumer buying habits.
- Designer Viewpoint: A North Carolina designer creates an outdoor space for a modern-day Brady Bunch. • Barbecue Lifestyle: Our grill guy gives tips on extending the season through the holidays.
- Focus On: Patterns punch up the style quotient of outdoor accessories.