National Hardware Show expands outdoor living area
January 20, 2010-- Casual Living,
The National Hardware Show started 2010 on strong footing with 90% of the show floor sold out with less than five months to go until the show opens May 4-6 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas.
The North Hall is completely sold out but the National Hardware Show team has created an additional lawn, garden & outdoor living exhibition area in a high traffic location for manufacturers who don’t want to miss out on the 2010 event.
“We are quite pleased to report these numbers in these challenging times,” said Ed Several, group vice president and National Hardware Show manager. “We continue to work hard to shape this year’s event to serve the home improvement retail marketplace. We are rolling out never-before-revealed consumer insight and knowledge and new electronic tools enabling retailers to efficiently shop the show. We are especially pleased with the fact that the show has returned many big brands and expanded the show’s depth of manufacturers in seven key product categories.”
Additional brands and companies representing the seven major product categories exhibiting at the National Hardware Show include: Stanley Hardware, CharBroil, DiversiTech, First Alert, The Scotts Company, Gladiator GarageWorks, Audiovox, CE North America, Bayer Advanced, Fiskars, Leatherman Tool Group, Suncast, Worthington Cylinders, Landmann USA, Jordan Manufacturing, Bond Manufacturing, The HammockSource, Pawleys Island/Hatteras Hammocks, MacSports, Brinkmann, Eastman Outdoors, Lifetime Products, Alpan, Corona Clipper, Rio Brands, RL Flomaster, Cinco Plastics, Plumb Pak, Slant Fin, Little Giant, MSA Safety, Seville Classic and Telebrands.
The National Hardware Show celebrates a history spanning 65 years of serving the home improvement marketplace. From its beginnings in New York during the post-World War II housing boom and its move to Chicago in the 1970s-’90s to today’s current Las Vegas location, the National Hardware Show continually evolves through the industry’s involvement, commitment and passion to improving America’s quality of life through their homes.
Today, the National Hardware Show is the place for global manufacturers, associations and organizations to unveil their new products, ideas and insights to a broad spectrum of home improvement resellers. The National Hardware Show is organized into seven major product focus areas including: Hardware & Tools; Homewares; Lawn, Garden & Outdoor Living; Paint & Accessories; Plumbing & Electrical; Storage & Organization and an international sourcing area.
Contributing associations and partners include:
• North American Retail Hardware Association hosting their second Industry Summit & Village;
• Paint & Decorating Retailers Association presenting Future Fair and Top of the Line Retailer Awards;
• The Worldwide DIY Council, comprised of some 130 exporting manufacturers from the U.S. and Canada holding annual board of directors meetings, general meetings, seminars and a reception sponsored by the NRHA;
• Handyman Club of America and Handy magazine presenting Power Tool Alley where Handyman Club members will conduct at-show testing of products;
• Presidents Council conducting a Buying Days event between manufacturers and retailers, wholesalers and distributors. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the City of Hope.
• Home Channel News’ 26th Golden Hammer Awards;
• HomeWorld Business magazine’s third annual Innovations Awards;
• The Money Pit, nationally syndicated radio show, will conduct its annual National Hardware Show media tour.
For additional and updated information, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com.
Related Content By Author
Industry Related Content
Casual Living Episode 11: Online Marketing How-Tos