Telescope Casual launches Adirondack Sling Collection
Larry Thomas -- Casual Living, November 3, 2010
Telescope Casual Furniture, a leading manufacturer and marketer of outdoor furniture has launched the Adirondack Sling Collection.
The Adirondack Sling Collection is made from marine polymer, a high-tech material that has been used for more than 20 years by shipbuilders on the topsides of high quality sailing and motor yachts. This environmentally friendly material contains more than 30% recycled plastic resin and will not crack or separate in any outdoor environment.
"We are very excited about the Adirondack Marine Grade Polymer Sling Collection, which is a modern styling of the original heritage of the iconic Adirondack Chair," Telescope Casual Furniture CEO Kathy Juckett said. "At the same time, this collection embodies Telescope's dedication to providing high quality, versatile, beautiful and practical products that are produced with sensitivity to the environment."
Key features include:
- Frames feature a substantial weight that won't blow around in the wind. They are not light, but also are not so heavy that they are difficult to move
- Its smooth, hard surface will not collect moisture or soil like other plastic wood brands.
- The color is all the way through the material so minor scratches are less noticeable.
- The material is durable for normal wear-and-tear that happens with active families as well as commercial applications.
- The heavy-duty polymer frames are also kind to floors and other furniture pieces they may bump into.
"The wide range of potential color combinations is what really sets Telescope's Adirondack Sling Collection apart," Juckett said. "With four marine grade polymer frame colors and 72 sling fabrics, the Marine Grade Polymer Adirondack Sling Collection offers exciting customized looks for every home or commercial customer's style and decor needs."