2008 National Hardware Show offers expanded programs and seminars
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, April 11, 2008
This year’s National Hardware Show, featuring Lawn & Garden World, Homewares and New Product World, returns to Las Vegas, May 6-8, and will occupy the entire Las Vegas Convention Center. The combined events will offer home channel retailers of all sizes, including independent and specialty stores, a comprehensive preview of the entire home enhancement marketplace with more than 3,500 exhibitors.
“With the real estate market remaining flat, more people are staying in their existing homes than ever before and are looking for the hottest products for remodeling and reinventing their living spaces,” said Dean Russo, senior vice president for the National Hardware Show. “The National Hardware Show offers the best preview of the latest home enhancement products in one location. From New Product World and Inventors’ Spotlight to the thousands of international exhibitors and presence of leading retailers, this show is really the only place to find everything you need for your home.”
This year, the National Hardware Show has added programs while expanding on existing ones to reflect current consumer trends and provide endless opportunities:
* Open-to-Buy Days – Top retailers and wholesalers recognize the huge opportunity to meet with hundreds of exhibiting vendors at one time – in one place. Retailers can keep their competitive edge meeting with hundreds of companies, while vendors can save travel time and expenses by showcasing their products to several retailers in one location. This unique program also offers start-up retailers an opportunity to learn from the pros.
* Inventors’ Spotlight – This unique program, which debuted last year, showcases patent pending inventions that aren’t on the market yet. It focuses on products that bring an innovative, never-before-seen approach to today’s homeowner. From current and former contractors, inventors and everyday consumers, the Inventors’ Spotlight will provide a focus area on the show floor for small entrepreneurs looking for manufacturing and retail opportunities.
* New Product World – Already a centerpiece of the National Hardware Show, New Product World continues to grow and improve. For 2008, retailers will again find New Product World locations in both the main hall and Lawn & Garden World with more than 1,000 of the newest innovations and trends.
* Green Product World – Addressing current, environmental concerns, the National Hardware Show is launching a new, specially designated area on the show floor that highlights the latest in green, eco-friendly products. Located directly adjacent to New Product World, the section is sponsored by EarthTronics. This year, there will also be a new, Green Innovation Award for the best green product on display.
* Global Hardware Expo – More than 1,200 international manufacturers will be participating in the must-attend event. The National Hardware Show brings vendors from all over the world to one location. On-site translators and products organized by category make for easy navigation. In addition, initiatives for international exhibitors and attendees have been expanded to include an International Reception, International Visitors Lounge and seminars devoted to global issues.
* Hot Topic Seminars – The annual educational seminars are designed to build industry knowledge and professional development. Each seminar is chosen based on the hottest industry trends and led by a top industry expert. Topics range from “The New and Changing World of Sustainability” to “A Dozen Smart Strategies to Maximize Promotion Results.”
In addition, old favorites will be returning like:
* Golden Hammer Awards
* Popular Mechanics Editor’s Choice awards
* Independent Retailer Program
* Top brand names in every product category
* Exhibitor assistance programs
The 2008 National Hardware Show will feature more than 150 product categories and thousands of new products in over 2 million gross square feet of floor space. Simultaneously, George Little Management’s The Gourmet Housewares Show; Global Home Textiles and Global Home Décor, will be held at the Sands Expo Convention Center.
For more information and updates on the 2008 National Hardware Show, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com. Media registration is now open.
Tiny Girl, Big Dream