AmericasMart honors area rug industry's most ‘magnificent' introductions
January 14, 2013-- Casual Living,
ATLANTA - AmericasMart recognized the best of the best in area rugs at America's Magnificent Carpets Awards during the Atlanta International Area Rug Market featuring the National Oriental Rug Show, which ran Jan. 10-13.
The market runs in conjunction with the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market, held Jan. 9-16. The National Oriental Rug Show is staged in an exclusive partnership with the Oriental Rug Importers Association.
The area rug winners, which were selected from the Museum of Introductions gallery by an independent panel of noted experts, were announced and presented by AmericasMart at a gala Friday night at The Georgia Aquarium. As part of the industry recognition, AmericasMart honored three of the top retailers in the country for overall excellence in sales, service and innovation.
The 2013 winners are:
• Hand-Hooked/ Hand-Tufted $0-8+ - Amer Rugs
• Hand-Hooked/ Hand-Tufted $8.01-16 - Surya
• Handmade/Hand-Knotted/Flat-Weave $0-30 - Obeetee
• Handmade/Hand-Knotted/Flat-Weave $30.01-50 - F.J. Kashanian Rugs
• Handmade/Hand-Knotted/Flat-Weave $50.01-100 - Capa Imports
• Handmade/Hand-Knotted/Flat-Weave $100.01+ - Anadol Rug Company
• Machine-Made $0-200 - Oriental Weavers
• Machine-Made $200.01-400 - Loloi Rugs
• Machine-Made $400.01-800 - Marcella Fine Rugs
• Machine-Made $800+ - Nourison Industrie
• Licensee - Surya
• Outdoor - Kaleen
• Retailers of the Year: Hadinger Flooring, Avalon Carpet Tile & Flooring and Nebraska Furniture Mart
Related Content By Author
Jensen Debuts Three Collections: Topaz, Opal and Tivoli