Century Leisure's Palari offers refined casual styling
Simple silhouettes take inspiration from sailing ships
Staff Staff -- Casual Living, September 27, 2012
Palari by Century Leisure
The Age of Discovery was a period that began around the early 15th century and continued to the late 17th century when Europeans explored Africa, the Americas, Asia and the islands of the Pacific Ocean. Trade around the globe became the major form of commerce as awareness of other cultures expanded and enabled ushering in of the Modern era.
Palari's teak front legs are reminiscent of the large masts of those ships while the chairs and loveseats are designed as though large sails are billowing in the wind.
"This collection is different than anything on the market, yet it makes you feel as if you have seen it many times before," said Eric Graham, senior director of leisure for Century Furniture. "This sense of nostalgia is very important to the design. We wanted to make consumers comfortable with the collection the very first time they see it."
Other highlights from Palari include:
* It is built and finished like quality indoor furniture, but designed and engineered to perform beautifully for full-time outdoor exposure with routine maintenance
* Hand Woven Resin in a herringbone pattern features a subtle two tone soft taupe-gray colorway
* Frames are constructed of powder-coated aluminum
* Solid teak is used as the front legs on all the upholstery frames
* Decorative rivet details on table edges
* Solid teak tops with aluminum edging feature silicon joints designed to look like a yacht deck
* New Patio Plush cushion option with Drainage/Non Slip Panel
* Century's innovative Driluxe cushions on all seating are constructed of water-repellent cover surrounding a high-resiliency foam core and wrapped with 100% polyester fiber, which is compliant with CAL 117 flame retardant standards.
* A stylish selection of fabrics, including Sunbrella brand performance fabrics, are woven from 100% solution-dyed, UV stable acrylic fibers that resist fading, deterioration and mildew.
"Palari offers a refined casual look which is perfect for today's outdoor lifestyle," said Comer Wear, director of marketing, Century Furniture. "These clean and softer silhouettes with their maritime influence wink to the past but ultimately push forward for today's outdoor consumers."
Century also will exhibit at the High Point Market, Oct. 13-18, in its permanent showroom at Market Square 500, 412.
Tiny Girl, Big Dream