Sears to unveil new outdoor living introductions at Food Network festival
February 7, 2013,
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. -- Sears will introduce new designs from its lines of outdoor living furniture, patio sets and Kenmore grills at the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by Food & Wine, to be held Feb. 21-24 in Miami.
"We chose to launch our 2013 line at the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival because the festival's sophisticated yet fun atmosphere is the perfect setting to showcase our new Agio and La-Z-Boy lighted patio collections, as well as our Ty Pennington Style product," said James Alt, vice president, seasonal and outdoor living, Sears Holdings. "The outdoor living lifestyle is about the entire alfresco experience - and we're thrilled to have both Ty Pennington and George Hirsch serve as hosts of the Sears Grilling is Happiness Lounge."
"I'm all about the outdoors - and we're here to say 'Light up your outdoors,'" Pennington said. "Whatever your style, whether it's sophisticated, contemporary or casual, Sears has something to match your taste and budget. With their wide range of affordable and on-trend new designs, Sears offers the expertise of their design team to help you extend your living space outside."
Joining Pennington at the Sears Grilling is Happiness Lounge is TV personality and lifestyle expert George Hirsch, who will be grilling up delicious appetizers and desserts for guests at three of the festival's events including:
• Moet Hennessy's The Q hosted by Paula Deen and Sons presented by Omaha Steaks sponsored by Miami magazine on Feb. 21
• Amstel Light Burger Bash presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Rachael Ray on Feb. 22
• Guy Fieri's Reggae Jam with Ziggy Marley Live presented by Ziggy Marley Organics featuring Cuisine of the Sun by Ortanique and Friends, the Official Festival Closing Party on Feb. 24
All proceeds from the festival benefit the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University.
"I launched a television career grilling for millions of viewers on PBS and this year will continue to share my year-round grilling passion once again through my ongoing relationship with Sears," said Hirsch, who will be debuting three tasty bites at the three events including a Grilled Fillet of Beef Chilaquiles, Grilled Pina Colada Dessert Burger and "George's One Love Wings." Hirsch will provide his grilling expertise and entertaining tips to festival-goers, but those who are unable to attend can find his recipes and tips for grilling and outdoor entertaining at GrillingIsHappiness.com.
Among Sears' new outdoor living introductions are the Agio Bella Luna and La-Z-Boy Halley collections. Both transform a patio or deck from day to night. Samples from these collections will be showcased at the festival and are available in Sears stores nationwide and on Sears.com.
For a complete listing of the Sears outdoor offering, including pricing and details on items in each collection, visit www.sears.com/outdoorliving.
Related Content By Author
Seasonal Living Showroom Tour
Casual Living eWeekly
Most Viewed Articles
October Digital Edition
Don't miss the October digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s Market Issue, we’ll bring you all the highlights of Casual Market Chicago, from innovative new products and hot trends to this year’s award winners and a taste of the party scene. Plus, you’ll get a sneak peek of all the product debuts at High Point Market.
In this issue:
- Consumer Survey: Did you know three out of four consumers read online reviews before purchasing outdoor furniture? That’s just one of the shopping insights shared in our exclusive report on consumer buying habits.
- Designer Viewpoint: A North Carolina designer creates an outdoor space for a modern-day Brady Bunch. • Barbecue Lifestyle: Our grill guy gives tips on extending the season through the holidays.
- Focus On: Patterns punch up the style quotient of outdoor accessories.