Hamilton named Casual Living publisher
Staff -- Casual Living, 8/1/2007 12:00:00 AM
Norman Hamilton joined Casual Living magazine as publisher, effective July 2, replacing former publisher Terry Lail, who left Reed Business Information to pursue other interests.
"Norman's been involved in consumer media — print, TV and radio — and he's been a publisher in home furnishings," said Kevin Castellani, vice president/publishing director, Reed Business Information. "He's bringing all this wealth of multimedia experience and knowledge, which will enable Casual Living to focus on the future and to move ahead with Web initiatives."
Hamilton, 57, brings an extensive publishing background. He previously worked for Reed Travel Group, Murdoch magazines, Ziff Davis and Fairchild Publishing. While at Fairchild, Hamilton was publisher of High Points magazine, a monthly publication for the home furnishings industry, and was responsible for furniture advertising sales at HFN magazine, another home furnishings publication.
"Sometimes everything just falls into place and it is a winning situation for everybody," Hamilton said. "The opportunity to work for Reed again, especially in the home furnishings division under Kevin, and the chance to be involved with the casual living segment of the industry, was just too good to pass up. I am excited about joining Reed Business Information but even more so about getting to be a part of the fastest growing segment of the furniture industry."
Hamilton also has knowledge and experience in the hospitality niche as well as with travel/tourism, spa/resort, scuba diving, cable television and newspaper industries, most recently with the News & Record in Greensboro, N.C. A graduate of Clemson University, Hamilton is a single parent who lives with his two children in Greensboro.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...