The Commodores kick off High Point Market concerts
Three Dog Night, local bands scheduled during market week
-- Casual Living, 9/24/2007 11:27:00 AM
High Point market-goers are invited to enjoy live music, free food and drink, during the High Point Market Authority’s Stars Under The Stars concert series.
“Stars Under the Stars events have proven hugely popular,” said Brian D. Casey, president and CEO of the High Point Market Authority, the official sponsor of the High Point Market, “and we are excited to present another outstanding line-up of musical entertainment, along with great food and drink, as one of the many ways market-goers can enjoy their evenings while working here all week.”
Legendary Motown band The Commodores —known for ballads such as “Easy” and “Three Times a Lady” and the funky dance hit “Brick House” — will kick off the “Stars Under the Stars” series Monday evening, Oct. 1. For three decades, the funk and soul sound of The Commodores has been a hit on dance floors and on pop and R&B charts. Top singles include: “Slippery When Wet,” “Just to Be Close to You,” “Too Hot Ta Trot,” “Still,” “Sail On,” “Lady (You Bring Me Up)” and “Oh No.” The single “Nightshift” won the group a Grammy in 1985.
On Tuesday, Oct. 2, market guests can dance and dine with The Dickens, a regional band known for mixing up R&B, rock, ’80s retro, reggae, “old skool” and current hip-hop.
On Wednesday night, Oct. 3, the Showplace Tent will house the fourth annual American Furniture Idol competition, as part of City of Hope’s National Home Furnishings Industry’s Spirit of Life Award dinner. Tickets are required and may be purchased by contacting City of Hope at (800) 272-2310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Stars Under The Stars series continues Thursday, Oct. 4, with classic rock band Three Dog Night. The band’s well-loved Top 40 hits include “Mama Told Me (Not To Come),” “Joy to The World,” “Black And White,” “Shambala,” “Easy To Be Hard,” “An Old Fashioned Love Song,” “The Show Must Go On” and “One.”
Friday night offers something for everyone with U-neek Flavur, a band that brings great harmonies and choreography to familiar favorites. Wrapping up the week is Hot Sauce on Saturday night, a Charlotte-based cover band that makes every show a party with a fusion of hits from the ’70s through today.
All “Stars Under The Stars” concerts take place under the Showplace Tent. Concerts begin at 7:30 p.m., and doors open at 7 p.m. All Market attendees wishing to enter must present a current Market badge and a valid picture ID. No one under the age of 15 will be admitted.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...