MHP acquires ProFire Gas Grills
ProFire operations will move to Wisconsin
-- Casual Living, 11/20/2006 7:01:00 AM
Modern Home Products Corp., the Antioch, Ill-based manufacturer of gas grills, grill accessories, grill replacement parts and gas or electric outdoor lighting, has purchased ProFire gas grills. Under terms of the agreement, MHP will obtain the rights to all current patents, designs, copyrights, product inventories, the ProFire name and its customer list.
ProFire makes and distributes high quality outdoor portable, built-in and indoor stainless steel gas grills. Its outdoor kitchen accessories include stainless steel side burners, ice chest, drawer sets, single or double doors and trash bin.
“The acquisition will strengthen the company’s position and long-term commitment to the gas grill industry by expanding existing grill assortments to better support our customer base,” said Thomas Koziol, president of MHP. “The ProFire line will cater to one of the fastest growing product categories, stainless steel. Growth through additional channels of distribution will be key to our strategy as we look to bring this premium brand to even more consumers in more places. We’re excited by the opportunity to establish the ProFire name and product line as a leader in the gas grill industry.”
ProFire’s operations will be moved from Florida to Butler, Wis., and will be a wholly owned subsidiary of MHP. Thomas Nitz, MHP’s vice president of sales and marketing, will be heading up the new operation.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...