Summer Classics opens West Coast distribution center
Allan Neal was named warehouse manager of the new distribution center
-- Casual Living, 7/23/2007 6:52:00 AM
Summer Classics has opened its first West Coast distribution center in Compton, Calif., near Los Angeles.
Allan Neal, who has worked for the Birmingham, Ala.-based outdoor furniture manufacturer for five years, was named warehouse manager of the new distribution center. The distribution center will stock five Summer Classics groups in the warehouse and will inventory slips for its West Coast customers in selected fabrics in Alabama. When an order is received the company will fill the slip and send it on the next truck to Compton. All frames and cushions will be FOB Compton, Calif., which will result in substantial freight savings for their West Coast customers.
“We’re sending two full trailer-loads a week with dealers’ special orders,” Vice President Harold Hudson said. “It’s running very smoothly and has been well-received by dealers in California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho and Montana.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...