Casual manufacturers honored with ADEX Awards
Casual manufacturers honored
-- Casual Living, 6/1/2008 12:00:00 AM
ADEX awards are a program for the home, office, hospitality furnishings and building materials marketplace. Entries are judged on five criteria: innovation, technological advancement, quality, aesthetics and value.
Terra Furniture received two gold and one platinum awards for its Verona dining table and adjustable chaise and its Mission sling chair, respectively.
Veneman Furniture won three ADEX Awards — two silver and one platinum. Veneman was a recipient of the platinum award for its Canopy and Round pool beds; a silver award for its Canoe lounge and ottoman, and a silver for its towel bin.
“This year is even more exciting as Veneman was among 300-plus companies entering more than 1,200 products,” said Bill Markowtiz, president of Veneman.
Twin Star International, North American manufacturer of ClassicFlame electric fireplace inserts and hearth mantels, received a 2008 platinum ADEX Award for its Westbury Electric Fireplace and a gold ADEX Award for the Pasadena Home Theater Unit.
The ClassicFlame Westbury Bookcase Electric Fireplace mantel includes a solid top with cove molding, decorative scalloped molding, convex front profile and a walnut finish. The ClassicFlame Pasadena Home Theater provides ample storage for audio and video components, two media storage cabinets with adjustable shelves and wire management channels. Constructed of solid hardwoods and wood veneers, the unit has a Brown Espresso finish. Pasadena also features decorative brushed nickel door pulls, smoked beveled glass, speaker grill cloth and more.
Also honored with a trio of ADEX awards was Outdura performance fabrics, manufactured by Shuford Mills.
“This is another validation of what we have been striving to accomplish and that to which our customers have been responding,” said Natalie Scott, vice president, customer development, Outdura. “The fashion-forward designs and colors incorporated into innovative constructions produce award-winning quality.”
The winning entries included a platinum award for Outdura's Jinga Salsa, a multidimensional stria texture that pulled together the globally inspired collection, Rock the Kasbah. Moritz Bronze, boasting a classic ironwork frame of rich Kona browns accented with hints of Sepia and Pesto, creates a sophisticated look that garnered the ADEX Gold Award. The silver award recognized Outdura's Raj Salsa. Another pattern from the Rock the Kasbah collection, Raj portrayed a global caravan theme with elaborate tile work patterned in engaging spice tones.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...