Saws, sprinklers and sealants come to Sin City
2008 National Hardware Show houses leading brands, top retailers and favorite home indulgences
-- Casual Living, 6/3/2008 7:21:00 AM
From no-touch paper towel holders and automated water conservation devices to colorful adhesives and the highest-tech outdoor gas grill ever created, all of the latest devices for the home and outdoors were on display at the 63rd annual National Hardware Show in Las Vegas, held last month at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The combined events offered home channel retailers of all sizes, including independent and specialty stores, a comprehensive preview of the entire home enhancement marketplace with more than 3,500 exhibitors and 150 product categories in more than 750,000 square feet.
“With the real estate market remaining in flux, we were pleased with the increase in overall attendance,” said Dennis MacDonald, senior vice president, National Hardware Show. “Over 70 percent of the attending companies’ personnel hold executive positions, enabling them to make direct purchasing decisions.”
Other interesting statistics include:
* 21% of the overall registrations were an international audience
* Attendees from 114 countries
* Top product category interest of attendees came from in descending order: hardware; lawn & garden; hand and power tools; electrical and lighting; kitchen and bath
“This comes as no surprise as these represent the core product interest categories at the show and those that most retailers find their consumer-customers are demanding,” said MacDonald. “More consumers are staying in their existing homes and looking for less costly methods and products to maintain the value of their homes or improve their lifestyle within them. The National Hardware Show offered the best preview of the latest and most innovative home enhancement products in one location. This is really the only place to find everything consumers need for their homes – both indoor and outdoor.”
This year, the National Hardware Show added new, exciting programs to reflect current consumer trends and make the show a one-stop destination for all home enhancement needs, including Green Product World to address current, environmental concerns. The show launched a new, specially designated area on the show floor that highlighted the latest in green, eco-friendly products.
The Inventors’ Spotlight, which debuted last year, showcased patent-pending inventions that aren’t on the market yet. It focused on products that bring an innovative, never-before-seen approach to today’s homeowner and provides opportunities for small entrepreneurs looking for manufacturing and retail opportunities. Participating companies more than doubled indicating a surge in innovation for home products.
For more on the National Hardware Show, see the summer issue of Garden Decor.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...