Tim McGee leaves MMPI High Point
No replacement named
Thomas Russell -- Furniture Today -- Casual Living, 12/30/2009 10:02:00 AM
Tim McGee, who headed up the High Point operations of Merchandise Mart Properties Inc. for the past year and a half, has left the post to pursue other opportunities, according to an MMPI official.
MMPI did not reveal specifics of his departure, other than to say his employment with the showroom building operator ended in December.
McGee had been senior vice president and general manager of MMPI's High Point operation since June 2008. He replaced Tom Mitchell, who left MMPI to become president and CEO of the International Home Furnishings Center, the largest High Point showroom manager.
McGee could not be reached for comment.
He first joined MMPI as director of leasing in 2000. He left in 2004 to become vice president of leasing for Showplace, another High Point showroom property, and returned to MMPI in October 2007 as director of leasing.
As an executive with MMPI, McGee also served as secretary of the High Point Market Authority board of directors.
In High Point, MMPI manages about 2.1 million square feet of showroom space that includes 305 West High, Hamilton Market, Market Square, Plaza Suites, Furniture Plaza, the National Furniture Mart and the Suites at Market Square.
Karen Olson, a vice president of marketing at MMPI in High Point, said there are no immediate plans to replace McGee. His job responsibilities will be divided among a management team at the High Point division.
A member of that team also is expected to fill in for McGee on the Market Authority board, she said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...