ADEX recognizes Outdura with triple honors
Three designs from the Outdura performance fabric line receive honors
-- Casual Living, 5/21/2008 2:03:00 PM
Outdura performance fabric manufactured by Shuford Mills, Hudson, N.C., recently was honored with a trio of awards through the 2008 ADEX Awards competition. From a field of more than 1,200 entries, Outdura’s fabric designs were judged to be superior to its competition based on design innovation, technological advancement, quality, aesthetics and value. Outdura’s awards included a Platinum, Gold and Silver for individual fabric selections from its 2009 100% solution-dyed acrylic collection.
“We are proud to have been recognized for each of these designs,“ said Natalie Scott, vice president, customer development, Outdura. “This is another validation of what we have been striving to accomplish and that to which our customers have been responding. The fashion-forward designs and colors incorporated into innovative constructions produce award-winning quality."
The winning entries included a Platinum Award for Outdura’s Jinga Salsa, a multi-dimensional stria texture that pulled together the globally inspired collection, Rock the Kasbah. Moritz Bronze, boasting a classic ironwork frame of rich Kona browns accented with hints of Sepia and Pesto, creates a sophisticated look that garnered the ADEX Gold Award. The Silver Award recognized Outdura’s Raj Salsa. Another pattern from the international influenced, Rock the Kasbah collection, Raj portrayed a global caravan theme with elaborate tile work patterned in engaging spice tones.
“Our goal in designing these and all the fabric collections for Outdura is to provide the customers and ultimately, the consumer, with patterns and colorations that are trend setting as well as reflective of casual outdoor living,” said Karen Williams, designer/partner, D2, LLC.
“We were honored that the ADEX judges recognized the significance of our designs,” said Brenda Sewell-Bost, designer/partner, D2, LLC.
Recognizing other key elements of design, judging also included technical improvements. For Outdura, this is evidenced in its five-year warranty on all casual furniture fabrics, the longest in the industry.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...