Bella-Dura announces five-year residential warranty
The two companies are working on other yarns for different fabric constructions to be added to the Bella-Dura product offering during 2007
-- Casual Living, 4/9/2007 6:56:00 AM
Wearbest Sil-Tex Mills, Inc., the makers of Bella-Dura performance fabrics, has increased its warranty to five years for all Bella-Dura residential fabrics. The warranty is guaranteed by American Fibers and Yarns, who produces the proprietary Bella-Dura yarn, and Wearbest Sil-Tex Mills, the weavers of the fabric.
Other features of Bella-Dura fabrics include a minimum of 1,500 hours lightfastness, bleach cleanability, a minimum of 50,000 double rubs, anti-microbial resistance, mildew resistance, inherent stain resistance and water repellence. All features exceed contract standards for performance.
“After three years of research and development with American Fibers and Yarns to make the proprietary Bella-Dura fiber, Wearbest introduced Bella-Dura to the market in July of 2005,” said Irwin Gasner, president and CEO of Wearbest. “The overwhelming success of the initial launch led to much more development with AF&Y, and it became clear through our testing data, that the fabrics would far exceed the initial tests. We felt compelled to expand the initial three year residential warranty to five years, to guarantee to our customer base that the performance features of Bella-Dura were unsurpassed.”
The two companies are working on other yarns for different fabric constructions to be added to the Bella-Dura product offering during 2007.
A chenille fabric, Bella-Dura Plush, was introduced to the marketplace at Decosit 2006. “We will continue to build upon our successes in the coming months with other new Bella-Dura product developments,” Gasner said.
“The decision to extend the warranty was easy. AF&Y yarn technology creates fabrics with unmatched performance,” said Jim Morelli, executive vice president of sales and marketing of AF&Y. “Wearbest is raising the bar with the use of yarn innovation to create the ultimate performance fabric. We look forward to the ongoing partnership to develop more advanced fabrics.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...