Southern Patio to launch program aimed for smaller retailers
Program created in response to retailer feedback
-- Casual Living, 6/4/2007 8:13:00 AM
Southern Patio, manufacturer of the FiberGlast and Southern Butterfly Offset umbrella lines, is launching a new domestic program called Hearth & Patio Reddi Ship at The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishing Market, July 13-16.
“Our Hearth & Patio Reddi Ship program is going to open our market for the smaller, independent retailers, who don’t necessarily need a full container of product,” said Joe Fraser, Southern Patio president.
Hearth & Patio Reddi Ship will incorporate items from the FiberGlast, PerfectPlanter and urn categories, along with gazebos, Southern Butterfly Offset umbrellas, Southern Radiance Solar umbrellas, crank and tilt umbrellas, and a new fireplace accessory line.
Jay Winkler, vice president of sales for food and drug accounts, has been instrumental in developing this program.
“At the trade shows, we meet with a lot of smaller accounts who love our items but with only a few stores in their chains, they don’t have the volume need or space required to buy full containers,” Winkler said. “By developing the Hearth & Patio Reddi Ship program, we are allowing these independents access to similar items that the large chains carry, but that are designed with the independent retailer in mind. With these special designs, and low $500 order minimums, we are fulfilling a need for these retailers, and ultimately for the final consumer.”
Geared for the late 2007 and 2008 seasons, the domestic inventory will be warehoused and shipped from Southern Patio’s Orangeburg, S.C., warehouse for the initial roll-out.
Mark Lee Mitchum - 2010-04-09 08:04:00 EDT
I work part time for USF Holland and I move many of Southern Patio's products.My wife and I are very into our yard and greenhouse. We live in Swansea which isn't that far from Rowesville.We are wondering if you have an outlet store or, would like to know where we could see or purchase your products locally. We would be very interested in knowing more about this.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...