Laneventure partners with Bob Timberlake
Staff -- Casual Living, 7/1/2005 12:00:00 AM
Laneventure is partnering with artist and designer Bob Timberlake to develop an outdoor line with nostalgic American country roots.
Based on his Southern outdoorsman lifestyle, the Bob Timberlake Collection will capture the classic front porch feeling, using natural materials for Adirondack-inspired designs. It will be available for viewing during the premarket in Chicago, July 13–15.
"The covered porch and rustic garden are two of the most traditional settings for outdoor living, and with the Bob Timberlake Collection Laneventure creates timeless designs that directly address these areas," Laneventure President Art Thompson said. "We're excited to work with Bob Timberlake as he brings a unique, organic quality to our outdoor offerings."
Laneventure has taken the current consumer interest in creating outdoor spaces that rival interior designs into account with this partnership with Timberlake, as his style lends to this natural transition.
"Working with Laneventure on an outdoor line may be the biggest thing we've done since we started with the furniture line," Timberlake said, referring to the World of Bob Timberlake Collection introduced in 1990 by Lexington Furniture Industries. "We look forward to this collection enjoying the same success we've had with our indoor designs."
Bob Timberlake's designs will appear in Laneventure's signature natural wicker with a full line of seating options from the Adirondack sofa to an adjustable Morris chair. Also included will be a Fisherman's chair, inspired by an antique from Timberlake's personal collection. Several cocktail and dining table designs also will be offered, some with a natural wicker base topped by a limestone and resin composite that resembles natural wood.
Chairs, tables and benches in the faux bois style, appearing to be crafted from tree branches, will be constructed of the composite material for all-weather durability.
Fabrics for the collection are rugged yet comfortable, inspired by colors found in nature. The collection will be shown with seven new fabrics, four of which are from Sunbrella maker Glen Raven Mills, although other complementary Laneventure fabrics will be available. The color palette is earthy, warm and masculine — Saddle Brown, Wheat (warm, golden yellow), Chestnut (copper/brick red) and Woodland Green (yellow, olive green) — all accented by Turquoise.
As part of the Bob Timberlake Collection, Laneventure will make a major addition to its line of outdoor fountains introduced last season. Based on the designer's collection of old mill stone wheels, the fountains will also be constructed of the limestone and resin composite material to complement a variety of outdoor room styles.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...