Bamboo Déjà Vu
Tracy Bulla -- Casual Living, January 13, 2006
While bamboo is nothing new on the interiors scene, the current interpretation goes fresh and fun for absolutely modern appeal. The chic, elegant form of bamboo is recreated in metal, ceramic and glass — ready to roll in brilliant color and shimmering finishes. Exotically organic, bamboo shoots to new heights with bold, contemporary looks that feel remarkably revitalized.
| Subtle bamboo detailing highlights the classic Asian allure of the camellia and butterfly print.
• Suggested retail $250, Village Court, 910-693-0327
|Metal effectively mimics the look of bamboo in the Chelsea House chandelier, freshly glossed in grassy green.
• Suggested retail $475, Chelsea House, 704-867-5926
| Artesia's intricate room divider puts some pop into a room in vibrant vermilion.
• Artesia, 305-445-3212
|Sophisticated seating gives panache to indoor and outdoor spots with a nickel- and chrome-plated brass chair.
• Suggested retail $745, Design Workshop, 910-293-7329
| Color-saturated vases playfully recreate the innately elegant form of bamboo.
Global Views, 888-956-0030
|A bamboo-look coffee table offers style to spare accentuated with a modern twist.
Moe's Home Collection, 510-233-8115
| Hand-tufted of 100% Indian wool, Zeba's stylized rug features a decorative design of overlapping bamboo shoots.
• Suggested retail $420, 5×8, Zeba, 212-343-8899
| Bamboo pops with a bold burst of orange in a lush iridescent silk design.
• Suggested retail $98 to $150, Tyed Thru Tyme, 718-789-7126
| Bamboo patterning lends sleek, exotic appeal to Sensory Fusion aromatic soy candles.
• Suggested retail $25 each, Aromafloria, 800-424-0034
|The gleam of 22K gold kicks up the luxe, artsy edge of silkscreened highball and rocks glasses.
• Suggested retail $12 to $14, New Arcadia Studio, 212-465-2102