HPMA invites High Point exhibitors to showcase showrooms
Second annual display and merchandising competition to be held during High Point Market
-- Casual Living, 10/3/2008 9:13:00 AM
The High Point Market Authority is inviting market exhibitors to show off their showroom displays and great merchandising ideas in the second annual High Point Market Showroom Display and Merchandising Ideas Competition.
All companies exhibiting at the Fall 2008 High Point Market, Oct. 20-26, are eligible and invited to enter the competition.
“We instituted this very special event to celebrate the extraordinary creativity and inventiveness of our exhibitors,” said Brian D. Casey, president and chief executive officer of the High Point Market Authority. “For years, designers and retailers have known that the High Point Market is the place where trends begin — and a great place to discover fresh, new merchandising ideas. The showrooms at the High Point Market are unlike any other in the world so this is really the only place an event like this can be held. By showcasing and honoring our exhibitors in this way, we hope to provide retailers with a source of ideas, inspiration and techniques that they can use on their floors throughout the year as they work to deliver the ultimate shopping experience to their customers.”
The Fall 2008 Showroom Competition offers market exhibitors an opportunity to showcase ideas in one of the following categories: Visual Appeal; Creativity; Elements and Principles of Design; Retail Application; and Consumer Allure. Additionally, in recognition of one of the industry’s most important trends, this year’s competition adds a new standard of excellence: Sustainability.
The competition will culminate in a gala reception for retailers, designers and exhibitors under the tent in the Century Courtyard at Market Square on Tuesday evening, October 21, beginning at 6 p.m., with competition winners recognized at 7 p.m. Winning entrants in each category will be presented with a crystal trophy cup for display in their showroom, showcased on “High Point Market Live,” highlighted in market’s press materials and featured on the High Point Market Web site as a resource for retailers following market.
Competition details, official rules, criteria for judging, and instructions for submissions are available now at www.highpointmarket.org/competition. All entries must be made through the Web site and received before 10 a.m. on Monday, October 20, opening day of market. No entries will be accepted after this deadline.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...