IHFC fills top position
Tom Mitchell is the new president and CEO of the IHFC
-- Casual Living, 6/27/2008 7:31:00 AM
Tom Mitchell was named president and CEO of the International Home Furnishings Center, effective July 14. Mitchell, a veteran of the High Point Market, is shifting from his position as senior vice president and general manager of Merchandise Mart Properties Inc., which owns and operates seven showroom buildings surrounding the IHFC.
The IHFC board described Mitchell as “a seasoned professional in the home furnishings showroom business.” Mitchell replaces Tom Lindh, who resigned in May. Retired IHFC executive Bruce Miller has been serving as CEO on an interim basis.
MMPI, the second largest showroom operator in High Point after the IHFC, announced the appointment of Tim McGee as senior vice president and general manager of its High Point office. McGee brings more than 15 years of industry experience to the position, and has spent more than five years in High Point with MMPI as vice president of leasing.
“Tim has a wealth of experience in the home furnishings industry from his time here in High Point and his work at the Atlanta Market,” said Christopher G. Kennedy, president, MMPI, which also operates the Merchandise Mart in Chicago. “He has forged many relationships with key stakeholders in all aspects of the industry and is well-respected. He will continue to be a great asset to our team and our customers in his new role.”
McGee will oversee all aspects of MMPI’s High Point properties which include Market Square, The Suites at Market Square, Plaza Suites, Furniture Plaza and National Furniture Mart. Reporting to McGee will be Karen Olson, vice president of marketing, Steve Johnson, vice president of administration, Mike Snider, vice president of operations, as well as 25 additional employees.
McGee first joined MMPI as a director of leasing in 2000. He left MMPI in 2004 to serve as vice president of leasing for Showplace, a position he held until September 2007. MMPI High Point recruited McGee in October 2007 to rejoin the company as vice president of leasing. He started his career at AmericasMart in Atlanta as director of leasing for the furniture and accessory floors.
“With Tim McGee at MMPI High Point, Tom Mitchell at IHFC and Marion Kelly and Joanna Easter at Showplace, the leadership in High Point has never been stronger,” Kennedy said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...