The Casual Consumer
Staff -- Casual Living, 9/1/2005 12:00:00 AM
Making strides with stepping stones
|All information comes from Home Accents Today's, Consumer Buying Trends survey. This exclusive consumer data originates from the responses of 31,505 households to a survey conducted in December 2002 and January 2003. Home Accents Today had National Family Opinion poll 50,000 U.S. households to find out about home furnishings shopping and purchasing patterns in 2002 and buying plans for 2003. Because of the large sample size, combined with a response rate of 63%, and a respondent profile closely matching the demographics of all U.S. households, survey data can be projected nationally with a margin of error of plus or minus less than 1%.
In September and October 2003, Home Accents Today sent a follow-up survey to those households that purchased in 2002 or planned to purchase in 2003 home accents including garden and patio accessories. The 1,004 households that responded to the survey (a 59% response rate) closely match the demographics of all home furnishings buying households in the United States. This means results can be projected nationally with a margin of error of plus or minus 3%.
The research was analyzed by Home Accent Today's research department, led by Director of Market Research Kay Anderson and Senior Research Specialist Dana French.
|7%||the percentage of garden or patio accessory-buying households who bought stepping stones.|
|Of those households...|
|3/4||bought stepping stones for their own use rather than as a gift.|
|23%||bought more than five stepping stones.|
|64%||planned the purchase of stepping stones, placing them among the top five garden or patio accessories bought as a planned rather than impulse purchase.|
|Half||of buyers paid less than $19 for their stepping stone purchase.|
|26%||bought stepping stones at Wal-Mart|
|38%||acquired their stepping stones at either Home Depot or Lowe's.|
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...