Tropitone’s Cabana Club wins design award for innovation
Stainless steel collection unique for company
-- Casual Living, 5/29/2007 6:54:00 AM
Tropitone Furniture Co.’s Cabana Club seating collection, which features a contemporary stainless steel frame and slender tailored cushions, received top honors in the Outdoor Group Seating category during the Hospitality Design Expo in Las Vegas, May 10-12.
The stainless steel collection is unique for Tropitone, which for more than 50 years primarily constructed groups with powder-coated aluminum frames, CEO Mike Echolds said.
“Since it can be recycled and does not require a finish, Cabana Club’s stainless steel frame is environmentally friendly as well as durable and easy to maintain,” Echolds said. “These practical features of the collection are complemented by its simple elegance, which is visually very dramatic. The response the collection is receiving as it debuts in the hospitality market is everything we had hoped it would be.”
Designed as a modular system, Cabana Club’s geometric shaped pieces can be reconfigured into a variety of seating arrangements and space solutions to accommodate the multiple use environments of resorts and luxury hotels.
The International Interior Design Association and Hospitality Design Magazine sponsored the competition, held during the HD Expo at the Sands Expo and Conference Center.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...