New facility gives focal point for Glen Raven Asia
Staff -- Casual Living, 11/1/2006 12:00:00 AM
Glen Raven Inc., a global provider of innovative performance fabric solutions, completed construction of a new facility in Suzhou, China.
The 190,000-sq.-ft. facility near Shanghai will serve as the headquarters for Glen Raven Asia, a multifaceted business center for Glen Raven's product development, marketing, sourcing and manufacturing activities in China and throughout Asia.
"China and the Asia-Pacific Rim are vitally important markets for Glen Raven and for our customers," said Allen E. Gant Jr., president of Glen Raven, Inc. "With this base of operations in China, we will be well positioned to assist our clients with their global sourcing needs, while we also develop, manufacture, market and distribute our own brands throughout Asia."
A key component of the new Glen Raven Asia facility is a vertically integrated manufacturing operation supporting Glen Raven's Sunbrella brand of performance fabrics. Weaving preparation, weaving, finishing and distribution capabilities will enable Glen Raven to support casual furniture manufacturers with operations in China.
"In creating the new manufacturing capabilities, we invested in the latest textile technology from around the world," said Steve Ellington, general manager of Glen Raven Custom Fabrics. "This commitment to innovation will not only result in high quality products, but also a quality work environment for our associates."
Glen Raven's China facility will employ more than 300, with Hua Li (Wally) serving as general manager of Glen Raven Asia. Glen Raven Asia will also support Glen Raven Technical Fabrics, a subsidiary offering a broad array of performance fabrics for automotive, protective apparel, military and outdoor markets.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...