Sketchbook: City Nights
Urban settings need outdoor retreat
Courtney Mueller -- Casual Living, 8/28/2006 1:40:00 PM
Urban hustle and bustle almost requires the creation of an outdoor retreat. Pieces in this collection are urban and contemporary, not fussy, with simple, slightly curvy lines.
Combining the yin and yang of feminine and masculine characteristics, more modern pieces show well in a black-and-white pairing, while the furniture is complemented with stainless steel or aluminum construction, and sometimes highlighted with metallic or geometric accents. For more on sketchbooks, pick up Casual Living’s September issue.
|Shady Lady’s Tommy Bahama Cigar lamp stands 50-inch tall and is crafted of all-weather woven material and highlighted by a pseudo-netting style over the light with geometric cutouts for a modern design.|
Laneventure’s Spinnaker chair features a classic wrap-around back that offers a 360-degree view of the seat cushion to create interplay between the fabric and frame.
With sophisticated elegance, the Take 5 armless high back dining chair from Homecrest has an extruded aluminum frame accented by crisp lines, slight curves and angular forms with sling seating covering the seat and back rails instead of leaving them exposed, for a tight, clean look.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...