Briefly..... Spending more time at home? You're not alone.
-- Casual Living, 9/1/2009 12:00:00 AM
Spending more time at home? You're not alone. According to Casual Living and HGTV's exclusive 2009 Outdoor Spaces Survey, more than three-fifths of responding consumers did not take a vacation this summer. Of those consumers not taking a customary vacation, nine out of 10 remained at home and took a staycation instead.
So, what are consumers doing in their outdoor spaces? According to the survey, 86% are reading/relaxing and nearly eight out of 10 are grilling out.
Casual specialists are making sure they have what consumers want when it comes to outdoor spaces. According to Casual Living's exclusive 100 Powerhouse Specialists report (see page 88), all carry outdoor furniture and accessories and more than one-half carry grills.
Consumer credit outstanding
Percent change at annual rate
|r = revised; p = preliminary
Covers most short- and intermediate-term credit extended to individuals, excluding loans secured by real estate.
Nonrevolving credit includes automobile loans and all other loans not included in revolving credit, such as loans for mobile homes, education, boats, trailers or vacations. These loans may be secured or unsecured.
Source: Federal Reserve
Unit numbers in thousands
Seasonally adjusted annual rate
June '09 numbers are preliminary
Source: Bureau of the Census and National Assn. of Realtors
|Change from June '08||-52.0%||-80.5%||-39.7%||-36.6%||-54.5%|
|Change from June '08||-46.0%||-67.5%||-21.2%||-43.9%||-41.5%|
|New home sales|
|Change from June '08||-21.3%||-11.4%||5.8%||-34.4%||-9.6%|
|Existing home sales|
|Change from June '08||-0.2%||-4.7%||-1.8%||-3.7%||11.5%|
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...