Casual Industry Expands at Chicago’s Merchandise Mart
Staff Staff -- Casual Living, April 27, 2010
Despite the current economic situation, The Chicago Merchandise Mart continues to add and expand its roster of outdoor living resources.
The Merchandise Mart announced four premier casual furniture companies -- Actiwin, Homecrest Outdoor Living, Leisure Design and NorthCape International -- have joined the Chicago Merchandise Mart tenant roster.
Additionally, three current tenants -- Patio Renaissance by Sunlord Leisure Products, Suncoast Aluminum Furniture and Treasure Garden -- expanded their showroom spaces and renewed their continued commitment to The Merchandise Mart.
The consumer demand for functional and stylish outdoor rooms is a key trend that is driving the growth of the casual furnishings and accessories industry. As the demand grows, the Chicago Merchandise Mart will be a key resource that consumers and trade professionals turn to in order to find all the materials they need to create the ultimate outdoor living space.
“The Chicago Merchandise Mart is continually working to expand the industry to offer consumers and trade professionals the most complete collection of casual and outdoor living resources,” said Whitney Gillespie, vice president of Casual Sales and Leasing, MMPI. “We are very excited about the recent leasing activity and it is a great sign when businesses are investing in their businesses, even in tough economic times.”
New showrooms include:
• Actiwin, Suite 17-105. Based in Toronto (Mississauga), Ontario, Actiwan offers products ranging from fire pits, umbrellas and bars to cushions and seating. www.actiwin.com.
• Homecrest, Suite 1744. Homecrest Outdoor Living offers a comprehensive line of affordable luxury outdoor furniture in 30 collections. Pieces include tables, chairs, chaises, loveseats, sofas, ottomans, bar and balcony stools/chairs stools featuring durable aluminum, steel, and cast frame construction. www.homecrest.com.
• Leisure Design, Suite 1755. Over the last 10 years, the company has become a leader in the outdoor furniture category and offers a wide range of products and designs. www.leisuregardencanada.com.
• NorthCape International, Suite 16-112. NorthCape International has been providing customers with high-quality, high-value furniture and accessories for more than 10 years. The company offers a wide range of indoor/outdoor products including round and flat resin, extruded and cast aluminum, sling, upholstered and resin loom furniture and accessories. www.northcape-intl.com.
Newly expanded showrooms include:
• Patio Renaissance by Sunlord Leisure Products, Suite 16-108. Patio Renaissance has relocated and expanded its space on the 16th Floor. Patio Renaissance product offerings include weather wicker furniture, cast aluminum furniture, tubular aluminum furniture and stainless steel furniture for both residential and commercial applications. www.patiorenaissance.com.
• Suncoast Aluminum Furniture, Suite 1752. Suncoast Aluminum Furniture has relocated and expanded its showroom. Suncoast Furniture is a leader in quality, affordable outdoor furniture known for manufacturing, distributing and marketing excellence by maintaining a vital commitment to customer satisfaction. www.suncoastfurniture.com.
• Treasure Garden, Suite 1655, Treasure Garden has recently expanded its current space on the 16th Floor. Since 1984, Treasure Garden has manufactured the widest selection of shade products in the world. The company offers more than 25,000 variations of shade solutions and accessories. www.treasuregarden.com.
All of the new showrooms and expansions will be complete in time for the July ICFA Preview Show and September International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market. For more information on the Chicago Merchandise Mart and its showrooms, please visit http://www.mmart.com/.
The International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market
The Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL
Tuesday, Sept. 21– Friday, Sept. 24
Permanent Showrooms: Floors 15, 16, 17
Tuesday-Thursday, Sept. 21-23, 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday, September 24, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Tuesday – Thursday, Sept. 21-23, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 24, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
For more information, visit www.casualmarket.com.
Tiny Girl, Big Dream