High Point Market Authority adds Cheminne Taylor-Smith as marketing VP
Former editor of Casual Living brings nearly 20 years of industry experience
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 7/5/2010 10:03:00 AM
HIGH POINT, NC — The High Point Market Authority has named former Casual Living editor Cheminne Taylor-Smith as its new vice president of marketing, effective Aug. 2.
She replaces Kimberley Wray, who left the Market Authority last month for personal and family reasons. In her new post, Taylor-Smith will provide strategic direction for all domestic and international marketing, and will oversee all public relations and communications programs related to the biannual High Point Market.
"I'm very excited to welcome Cheminne to the High Point Market Authority," said Brian Casey, president and CEO of HPMA. "She brings with her a wealth of knowledge of the home furnishings industry and very strong skills in communications, marketing, public relations and business management. I know she'll be able to contribute immediately to the continuing success of the High Point Market."
Taylor-Smith has spent close to 20 years in the home furnishings industry in trade media, PR and marketing. She most recently was the public relations director for Elle Decor. She also has held posts with Lexington Home Brands, InFurniture magazine, Home Accents Today and Furniture/Today.
"Cheminne has covered this industry from all angles," Casey said. "She has experience in media, manufacturing, retailing, research and with consumer marketing. Her strong relationships with interior designers, as well as consumer and trade press, are terrific assets for this new role."
We would love your feedback!
- Nov 26, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...