Telescope Casual CEO says consumers want to spend on home
Shares best practice tips with retailers at Atlanta Market
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 7/23/2010 10:43:23 AM
Atlanta, GA — Telescope Casual CEO Kathy Juckett provided best practice tips
for retailers in the post-recession era and assured them consumers still plan
to spend on home furnishings and decor.
"Post-recession, our survey reveals there is pent up demand to do some home
decorating and a bit of discretionary income that home furnishings retailers
should be able to exploit," Kathy Juckett, CEO of Telescope Casual Furniture,
told attendees in her keynote address at the Atlanta International Gift and
Home Furnishings Market.
Juckett' s presentation, What Shoppers Want: How Retail Can Thrive is the
Post-Recession World, gave an in-depth look at the results of the Telescope
National Shopper Survey which reveals shoppers' attitudes coming out of the
recession, where they are spending, what's important to them in home
furnishings and home décor and where they are heading next.
"Shoppers have new values: family, friends and me," Juckett said. "As part of
these new values, they are spending more time at home and 30% of the women we
surveyed want to redo rooms in their house."
She described the following seven best practices to encourage shoppers to
1. Value their Values - me, my family, my world; price and green
2. Create newness and excitement
3. Create a "wow" in-store experience
4. Give them a reason to buy more
5. Inspire them
6. Don't forget your Web site
7. Interact with your shoppers
The Telescope National Shopper Survey is a national survey of 1,500 adults
conducted quarterly by WSL Strategic Retail, one of the nation's leading
firms of retail strategists and futurists.
Juckett's presentation is part of the industry educational program,
AmericasMart University (AMU), offering buyers a comprehensive schedule of
complimentary business classes taught by business professionals.
The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market at AmericasMart
Atlanta is the largest wholesale marketplace of its kind in the world, and a
leading international market source for a wide variety of consumer goods. It
hosts 15 wholesale markets and six Market Wednesdays that annually attract
more than 548,000 attendees from every U.S. state and 80 countries
Telescope Casual Furniture has been producing quality outdoor furniture in
New York for 107 years. The company's product line includes wicker, tubular
aluminum, cast aluminum and marine grade polymer available in a variety of
chairs, tables, umbrellas, barstools, chaises, sofas and rockers for the
residential and commercial markets. Classic wooden director's chairs, folding
aluminum chairs and high quality beach chairs are also available in many
colors and sizes.
We would love your feedback!
- Apr 12, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...