Richard Frinier returns for a Brown Jordan encore
Develop Richard Frinier Collection for Brown Jordan
Cinde W Ingram -- Casual Living, 9/8/2010 5:46:45 AM
CASUAL MARKET attendees will see the first new designs resulting from the renewed partnership of internationally acclaimed designer Richard Frinier with Brown Jordan, a leading manufacturer of leisure furniture.
The award-winning home furnishings designer, who worked with Brown Jordan for 22 years prior to forming his own creative consultancy in 2002, returned for an encore collaboration developed as the Richard Frinier Collection for Brown Jordan.
"It is not very often that we can circle back in life or pick up where we left off," Frinier said. "This, for me, is an opportunity to return to the company where I first began my career, and to be working with my friends again."
His goal for the first collection in this collaboration was to create designs that are relevant today. "What came to me was the realization that we are moving very fast," Frinier said, "fast cars, fast Internet, fast food and so on. I wondered what would happen if we just took the time to slow it down. What if we made time to let ourselves drift and dream? This is where I found my inspiration and the concept for our new collection I call Drift, which is not only the name of the design but a state of mind. Drift represents the times when we are able to slow down our pace, where we can reflect and appreciate life."
Frinier's new designs for Brown Jordan were inspired by slow living. "Slowing down to improve our quality of living and taking time to experience the good in everyday life," he said. "Even the fabrics I developed this year are soothing with soft textures, colors and names like Calm, Cool and Serene."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...