High Point Market sets social, entertainment events
Kansas to headline tent parties
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 9/17/2010 8:59:25 AM
HIGH POINT, N.C. – — Several social, entertainment and networking events are on tap for next month's High Point Market.
Market week kicks off with the return of the Market Block Party, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 16, at West Commerce and Elm streets. The event, featuring food, drinks and entertainment, is presented by Market Square and Suites, 220 Elm, C&D and the High Point Market Authority. Furniture/Today and Home Accents Today are the sponsors.
On Sunday, Oct. 17, the Hush-Amazed party will take over part of the first floor at Suites at Market Square. The theme of the 8 p.m. event is "It's Only Real when It's Dark," and will feature the work of Mike Farrell and his team of artists along with dark food and dark drinks.
Market Square and Suites also plans social events in the Market Square Courtyard beginning at 7 p.m. during market week. Monday is Octoberfest, followed by an industry mixer Tuesday and a cookout Wednesday.
The Stars under the Stars concerts will be back with three shows. Saturday, Oct. 16 features Rock the House Rave, while classic rock band Kansas will headline on Sunday, Oct. 17, and funk band Sleeping Booty will wrap up the series on Monday, Oct. 18. All shows begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Center Stage between the Transportation Terminal and Showplace.
The market runs Oct. 16-21.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...