AHFA invites entries for 2011 HOME awards
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 2/9/2011 1:49:39 PM
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The American Home Furnishings Alliance (AHFA) is now accepting entries for the 11th annual HOME Awards.
AHFA developed the HOME Awards to "Honor Outstanding Media Efforts" in covering new home furnishings products and trends.
The HOME Awards are part of AHFA's ongoing public relations effort on behalf of the home furnishings industry - now the longest-running and most successful campaign in the industry's history. Since 1999, the program has focused on nurturing media relationships and developing strong editorial messages to inspire American consumers to take a greater interest in furnishing their homes.
"Through the HOME Awards, we have been able to recognize dozens of outstanding journalists who produce lively and relevant articles to both educate and inspire consumers," said Jackie Hirschhaut, AHFA vice president.
HOME entries are accepted in five categories: Newspaper, Consumer Magazine, Consumer Broadcast, Online/Social Media and Trade. AHFA will announce winners and present the awards at a press breakfast on Saturday, April 2, during the High Point Market in High Point, N.C.
HOME Award entries will be judged by a distinguished panel of top communications professionals from leading home furnishings companies, as well as by winners from the 2010 competition. Journalists who won in 2010 are not eligible to enter the 2011 HOME Awards competition. There is no cost to enter.
All consumer media entries, including those in the social media category, are judged on the degree to which they do one or more of the following:
+ Raise consumer awareness of and interest in new home furnishings products or trends
+ Inspire consumers to enhance their homes with new home furnishings products
+ Provide consumers with information to help them make home furnishings buying decisions
Trade entries are judged on the degree to which the writer or publication helps raise industry awareness of consumer marketing issues, consumer trends and product trends.
All entries for the 2011 competition must be postmarked by Monday, Feb. 28, 2011. The entry form and instructions for entering are available on AHFA's media website, www.ahfanews.com. Questions about the HOME Awards may be directed to Jackie Hirschhaut, who can be contacted at email@example.com, or Pat Bowling, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love your feedback!
- May 21, 2013
- Mar 10, 2011
- Jun 13, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...