Bullfrog Spas sponsors charity event, provides hot tub
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 2/17/2011 11:44:06 AM
SALT LAKE CITY — Bullfrog International, manufacturer of hot tubs, sponsored the 2011 Polar Plunge on Saturday, Feb. 12.
The event, held at Pelican Bay Marina in Saratoga Springs, Utah and put on by the Saratoga Springs Police Department to raise money for the Utah Special Olympics, encouraged swimmers to leap into icy waters for charity. Bullfrog Spas provided a working Model 662 hot tub heated to around 100 degrees to help participants warm up after their brave swim.
Both individual participants and teams worked to gather pledged donations in support of their willingness to jump into a frigid lake. The event helped raise thousands of dollars to benefit the Special Olympics of Utah.
"It is a unique opportunity for individuals, organizations, and businesses to support local Special Olympics athletes by jumping or slowly crawling into the frigid, icy waters," said Lyn Rees of the Utah Special Olympics.
The theme of the event was "We're freezin' for a reason!" Local eateries donated donuts and hot dogs to participants and a local coffee shop donated hot coffee and hot chocolate.
This was Bullfrog's second year sponsoring the event.
We would love your feedback!
- Oct 25, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...