Solar Pool Technologies successful at PSP Expo
September 30, 2016,
PHOENIX - After a successful Kickstarter campaign and thousands of units shipped to customers worldwide, Arizona-based Solar Pool Technologies Inc. (SPT) announced that they will be taking the Solar-Breeze NX to New Orleans for the International Pool I Spa I Patio Expo (PSP Expo), being held Nov. 2-4 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
CEO Paul Sim will be on hand at Booth 1380 to answer questions and tell people how to get involved.
The Solar-Breeze is a revolutionary invention that uses power from the sun instead of grid electricity to effortlessly remove dirt, debris, pollen and even suntan oils from the pool’s surface. During the day, Solar-Breeze uses the sun’s power to run the motors that drive the cleaner across the water. Surplus power is stored in its rechargeable battery, enabling it to continue operating practically around the clock.
“It’s like a robotic vacuum for your pool, but there’s really nothing else out there like this right now,” said Paul Sim, CEO of Solar Pool Technologies.
While the Solar-Breeze NX appears visually the same as the original model, it features several enhancements including:
• New software with an upgraded power management system to enhance battery power management, leading to increased time of operation and improved battery life.
• The improved power management system also puts less stress on the motors that drive the Solar-Breeze NX, improving the efficiency of operation and extending motor life.
• A new plastic polymer blend is being used for the top housing of the Solar-Breeze NX to improve its resistance to ultraviolet rays and slow the deterioration of the plastics, leading to longer life for the product.
• The gear mechanisms at the front of the unit that transfer power from the front motor to the front paddlewheel and bumper wheels are re-engineered to improve efficiency, reduce drag and extend the life of the drive system.
• The system for detecting when a unit is stuck on an obstacle has been improved to result in better overall operation in the pool.
• Attachments for the Solar-Breeze NX will be available that allow it to adapt more effectively to pools with rock outcroppings, beach entries and other complex features.
Related Content By Author
Seasonal Living Showroom Tour
Casual Living eWeekly
Most Viewed Articles
October Digital Edition
Don't miss the October digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s Market Issue, we’ll bring you all the highlights of Casual Market Chicago, from innovative new products and hot trends to this year’s award winners and a taste of the party scene. Plus, you’ll get a sneak peek of all the product debuts at High Point Market.
In this issue:
- Consumer Survey: Did you know three out of four consumers read online reviews before purchasing outdoor furniture? That’s just one of the shopping insights shared in our exclusive report on consumer buying habits.
- Designer Viewpoint: A North Carolina designer creates an outdoor space for a modern-day Brady Bunch. • Barbecue Lifestyle: Our grill guy gives tips on extending the season through the holidays.
- Focus On: Patterns punch up the style quotient of outdoor accessories.