Char-Broil enters Australian market
Establishes distribution partnership with OZTrail Leisure Products
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 5/16/2011 11:12:20 AM
COLUMBUS, Ga. — Char-Broil, a division of the W.C. Bradley Co. and a manufacturer and marketer of gas grills in the United States and Latin America, has announced that it will begin selling a line of infrared gas grills in Australia for the 2011 grilling season. The company has formed a partnership with OZTrail Leisure Products, a distributor of camping equipment and outdoor products in Australia and New Zealand, to manage retail sales efforts.
Australia represents five percent of the global gas grill market. With more than 90% of all Australian households owning a gas barbecue, the demand potential is high for Char-Broil's infrared product.
"We know Australian consumers will fully appreciate the efficiency and flexibility of our TRU-Infrared cooking systems," said Gary Butler, director of business development for Char-Broil. "We believe we have a very strong opportunity to capture a big part of the market. This is an innovative, superior infrared technology new to Australia and it will quickly set Char-Broil apart from all other gas barbecues."
With cooking systems that use more than 65% natural infrared heat, Char-Broil barbecues feature an infrared technology previously unavailable in Australia. All of Char-Broil's barbecues are AGA-certified.
Char-Broil will be offering a TRU-Infrared line of gas barbecues which includes its best-selling Commercial Series grills (four-burner, three-burner and two-burner models), the Grill2Go ICE (a portable barbecue/cooler combination) and The Big Easy infrared oil-less turkey fryer, which will be rebranded as The Char-Broil Infrared Camp Oven for the local market.
The partnership between Char-Broil and OZTrail Leisure Products was formalized over the last 18 months and has significant potential for both companies. Char-Broil will capitalize on OZTrail's contacts and widespread reach, initially tapping into the company's established sales network in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and warehouse facilities in Perth and New Zealand. The addition of a barbecue brand to OZTrail's well-established product mix helps the company broaden its outdoor focus.
"OZtrail has a long and established history of bringing innovation and quality to the family camping market in Australia and New Zealand. That's the number one reason we're excited to be introducing the Char-Broil range of barbecues with their superior cooking systems," said Graeme Whittaker, executive director of OZTrail. "Our two companies share the same philosophy - we both believe that quality and innovation do not have to come at the penalty of high prices. We are confident the consumers ‘down under' will embrace this new cooking technology and ensure success for the new OZtrail and Char-Broil partnership."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...