Loloi introduces ED Ellen Degeneres rugs, soft goods
January 11, 2017,
The first launch of rugs, pillows and throws from Ellen DeGeneres and Loloi made their first appearance at this week’s market, and already they’re creating a buzz.
“The customers coming in before the market opened to get a first glimpse of the Ellen line has been phenomenal,” said Austin Craley, vice president of sales for the Dallas-based manufacturer. “There’s been a lot of excitement, a lot of energy and a lot of orders.”
“I’m thrilled to bring my passion for design to this unique rug collection with Loloi,” said Ellen. “I love it and I know you’re going to love it. But please, wipe your feet on one of my rugs before putting them on one of my couches.”
“What’s not to love about working with Ellen?” asked Amir Loloi, president and owner of Loloi. “She’s funny, she’s talented, and she has a refreshing aesthetic that translates to rugs very well. I think people are going to be really impressed by the craftsmanship of the entire line. It’s sophisticated, but simple in a very ED kind of way.”
The seven debut rug collections include:
- Del Rey: Hand-tufted by skilled artisans, the Del Rey collection offers uniquely textured designs with the long-lasting durability of wool.
- Glendale: Skilled artisans hand-tuft designs inspired by antique motifs onto a cotton and wool base, heightening the refined patterns in the Glendale collection.
- Gramercy: Extraordinarily plush underfoot with rich colors on viscose and wool, the hand-knotted Gramercy collection offers the solid series that fits seamlessly into any space.
- Ludlow: Hand-woven by skilled artisans, the Ludlow Collection features the natural shine and smoothness of 100% jute.
- Tribu: Inspired by Ellen’s eye for tribal design, the all-over patterns of the Tribu collection are modernized with trending color combinations on 100% wool.
- Trousdale: A current color palette brings the traditional patterns of the 100% viscose Trousdale collection into the moment, while its power-loomed construction ensures precision in every piece.
- Villa: Artisanal weavers hand-loom the Villa collection of 100% richly textured wool. Villa’s sheared detailing and organic color variation adds a sense of history and unique character to every piece.
As part of the new partnership between Ellen DeGeneres and Loloi, seven rug collections are being introduced this week in Atlanta, including the colorful Del Rey Collection.
- Brody: With its casual sensibility and timeless appeal, Brody is handcrafted in India of linen and cotton.
- Grove: Grove pairs a pronounced texture with a generous fringe. Grove is handcrafted in India of acrylic and cotton.
- Toluca: Handcrafted in India and woven with a blend of wool and silk, Toluca brings ancient tribal prints to life.
Loloi will celebrate the new partnership Thursday afternoon with a party inside its showroom from 4-7 p.m.
Related Content By Author
Seasonal Living Showroom Tour
Casual Living eWeekly
Most Viewed Articles
October Digital Edition
Don't miss the October digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s Market Issue, we’ll bring you all the highlights of Casual Market Chicago, from innovative new products and hot trends to this year’s award winners and a taste of the party scene. Plus, you’ll get a sneak peek of all the product debuts at High Point Market.
In this issue:
- Consumer Survey: Did you know three out of four consumers read online reviews before purchasing outdoor furniture? That’s just one of the shopping insights shared in our exclusive report on consumer buying habits.
- Designer Viewpoint: A North Carolina designer creates an outdoor space for a modern-day Brady Bunch. • Barbecue Lifestyle: Our grill guy gives tips on extending the season through the holidays.
- Focus On: Patterns punch up the style quotient of outdoor accessories.