Trex introduces outdoor kitchen storage collection
January 25, 2017,
ORLANDO, Fla. – In response to the rising popularity of outdoor entertaining, Trex, a decking and railing brand, is expanding its line of high-performance, waterproof outdoor storage options with the new Trex Outdoor Kitchens collection.
Featuring the same durability, Trex Outdoor Kitchens builds upon the company’s current outdoor storage offerings designed specifically for use in outdoor dining and entertainment settings. Among the offerings being introduced by Trex for 2017 are customizable cabinets for televisions and entertainment systems, along with sink and grill bases designed to hide plumbing and propane hook-ups, while also providing storage for utensils and food prep essentials.
See Related Blog Post: A Sizzling New Year
“As the popularity of outdoor living continues to surge, there is a corresponding rise in intentionally designed outdoor living spaces that feature fully-appointed kitchens and entertainment areas,” said Jim Cline, president and CEO of Trex.
Inspired by and designed to complement Trex decking, the Trex Outdoor Kitchen’s components are offered in finishes that complement the five Trex Transcend premium tropical shades – Havana Gold, Island Mist, Spiced Rum, Lava Rock and Tiki Torch. Additionally, the collection is manufactured with a dense, low-maintenance resin that won’t warp, fade or crack, with an adhesive-welded interior of ¾” white PVC.
The Trex Outdoor Kitchens collection includes the following storage solutions:
• Grill base cabinets – with storage for tools, spices, linens and serving pieces; designed for propane hook-up
• Sink bases – ideal for hiding plumbing, storing cleaning supplies
• Wall-mounted television/entertainment cabinets – safely store and protect outdoor entertainment systems
• Pull-out ice coolers – two-inch thick insulated walls to hold ice
• Base cabinets/bench drawers – storage for pool toys, sports equipment, pillows, etc.
• Skirting insert cabinets – additional storage space below the deck
• Hampers – ideal for storing linens, towels, swim gear
• Trash storage cabinets – available in single and double containers
See Related Blog Post: 10 Cool Summer Add-ons
Options are available for roll-out drawers and shelving, and pieces can be further customized with marble, granite or stone tops (purchased separately). The entire collection is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Related Content By Author
Casual Friday: Furnitureland South's expanding outdoor showroom
Casual Living eWeekly
Most Viewed Articles
November Digital Edition
Don't miss the November digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s issue, we look to the future of retail with a spotlight on technology. Assistant Editor Alex Milstein breaks down the basics of artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR) and how they’re changing the furniture shopping experience. We also explain how building engagement on social media channels can boost business for retailers.
You’ve waited two years, and it’s finally here! Casual Living’s biennial Universe Study offers a comprehensive snapshot of the outdoor category, highlighting its growth across all segments from furnishings to shade to grills.
Also in This Issue:
• Designer Viewpoint: A Beverly Hills backyard gets a glam makeover, thanks to renowned designer Christopher Grubb.
• Market Report: Our editors give you the inside scoop on all the new outdoor introductions at the High Point Market. Can you say Cobonpue?
• Casual Insights: Kathy Wall of The Media Matters offers insight on refreshing your brand.