Watkins taps Sessler as VP, sales and marketing
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/3/2011 5:14:50 PM
VISTA, Calif. — Watkins Manufacturing, a maker of portable hot tubs, hired Ryan Sessler as its vice president of sales and marketing, North America. Sessler brings 16 years of RV/marine experience to the role.
"Ryan's wealth of senior-level sales and marketing management experience will help drive Watkins' vision of becoming a world-class company," said Mike Dunn, executive vice president. "His passion to excel and personable style fit with the culture at Watkins. We're fortunate to have an individual with his talent, education and business achievements on our team."
As the vice president of sales and marketing, Sessler joins the company's executive management team and will direct all North American sales and marketing activities. Prior to joining Watkins, Sessler was director of North American sales for Pentair's RV/marine/industrial division. Earlier in his career, he led Pentair's marketing and sales as director for two divisions, RV/marine and marine and aviation products.
Sessler earned a bachelor's of science in business administration from Pepperdine University and received his master's of business administration from Pepperdine's Graziadio School of Business Management.
"Watkins is committed to delivering innovative products and cutting-edge designs that exceed consumer expectations," said Sessler. "The environment at Watkins is truly welcoming. It's an exciting place to be and I'm looking forward to being part of the company's future."
Watkins wins Innovation of the Year Award
Watkins was recently presented with the 2010 Innovation of the Year Award by Masco Corporation, Watkins' parent company.
Masco's highest honor, the award is given annually to the business unit that develops the most compelling innovation offering a sustainable competitive advantage. The recognition solidifies the ACE System as a true advancement in technology that solves a real customer concern.
"When you realize that the ACE System was rated alongside innovations by Delta, KraftMaid, Behr and other formidable business units in the Masco family, it's a very significant achievement," said Dunn. "The recognition is especially rewarding for our team who worked tirelessly to get such a game-changing advancement to market."
Watkins also received a Best New Product Award for its 2010 Hot Spot Spas line and a New Process Award for its Web-based training initiatives.
"We appreciate Watkins' efforts to build shareholder value by innovating, successfully delivering new products to the marketplace and achieving process excellence," said Gary Yezbick, Masco's VP of innovation and sustainability. "We were very excited to present Watkins with these awards at the General Managers Meeting."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...