Phifer shares tips for cleaning performance fabrics
March 15, 2017,
TUSCALOOSA, Ala., – With spring rolling in, now is the perfect time to do a little cleaning and organizing in and around the home, and there’s no better place to start than with outdoor furniture.
Whether an outdoor setting has been safely under wraps for months or braving the elements, it’s a good idea to freshen up furniture ahead of the warm weather season. Prepare for months of fun in the sun in no time – just follow these simple cleaning steps for Phifer’s GeoBella indoor/high performance and Phifertex outdoor fabrics:
• In a bucket, mix ¼ cup of detergent per gallon of water used.
• Using a garden hose, spray cushion fabric to remove excess dirt and debris.
• Shampoo fabric to desired cleanliness using the solution and sponge. For tough stains, scrub with a soft bristle brush.
• Rinse fabric thoroughly.
• Prop cushions at an angle to drip dry.
• Mix 50/50 bleach to water solution in a spray bottle.
• Wipe off excess grime with towel.
• Spray bleach and water solution onto stain. Gently scrub the area with a soft bristle brush.
• Rinse thoroughly with water.
• Allow fabric to air dry completely.
Related Content By Author
Live at Market with Gary Pettitt, CEO, Seasonal Living