Las Vegas market announces event, seminar schedule
May 9, 2017,
LAS VEGAS – Las Vegas Market announced that a lineup of trend forecasters and thought-leaders will present industry-relevant content at the summer 2017 Las Vegas Market, July 30-August 3.
“Las Vegas Market provides an exclusive forum for industry networking and professional development – whether through seminars, tours, awards programs or special events," said Karen Olson, senior vice president, marketing, International Market Centers.
See Related Article: Las Vegas Market's First Look spotlights trends
• Attendees will learn about trends in the market’s signature First Look display and seminar, curated by magazine editor Julie Smith Vincenti of Nine Muses Media. The seminar will be held on Mon., July 31, 10-11 a.m. • Las Vegas Market is partnering with Luxe Interiors + Design magazine and a group of western designers, to present its exclusive “Ahead of the Curve” seminars and tours spotlighting trends in color, design and style. The seminar is scheduled for Tues., Aug. 1, 10–11:30 a.m.
• In partnership with Round Top Register, “The Design and Social Business of Modern Vintage,” will explore how “Modern Vintage” has sculpted and transformed design, social media’s influence on the resurgence of vintage and more. The session will be held on Tues., Aug. 1, 2:30–3:30 p.m.
• A two-day, non-profit symposium will be presented. On Mon., July 31, 2-3 p.m., Julie Steiner, director of retail operations at The Barnes Shop in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and president of Museum Store Assn. will present “How to Advocate to Administration." On Tues., Aug. 1, 12-1:30 p.m., Melinda Greene, retail manager/gift shop buyer at Kansas City Zoo in Kansas City, will present “Selling to Millennials." A networking reception for members and prospective members will be held on Mon., July 31, 5-6:30 p.m.
• Another first-time event, the networking reception for spa buyers, managers and directors will be hosted by the Spa Industry Assn. (SIA) and the Las Vegas Spa Assn. (LVSA) on Mon., July 31, 5-7:00 p.m.
• Las Vegas Market will host its seventh annual Up on the Roof Gift for Life fundraiser on Mon., July 31, 6-8 p.m. Tickets for this networking event cost $25, with all proceeds benefiting DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS), an organization that supports HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, education and advocacy.
• On Sun., July 30, 3-5 p.m., the third annual Andyz Design Awards will recognize the best interior designs in 10 categories, including a new “Outstanding Showroom Design” category. The event, which is hosted by ASID California Central/Nevada Chapter and the Las Vegas Design Center, will feature Christopher P. Ramey as master of ceremonies and Dann Foley as the presenter.
• The “Cash & Carry Shopping Spree” will be held in Pavilion 2, home of Discoveries: The Antique Vintage Marketplace, on Mon., 6-8 p.m.
See Related Article: Las Vegas Market forges five new industry partnerships
Las Vegas Market will host over 20 seminars and events during the five-day summer market. Educational sessions will include the signature “Meet the Makers” panel, Colormix 2018 from Sherwin Williams, a gourmet series in partnership with The Gourmet Retailer, casual furniture and design seminars in partnership with Casual Living magazine, retailing strategies and more. The complete roster of market-hosted seminars and events is available online www.lasvegasmarket.com/seminars-and-events/.
Related Content By Author
Casual Friday: Furnitureland South's expanding outdoor showroom
Casual Living eWeekly
Most Viewed Articles
November Digital Edition
Don't miss the November digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s issue, we look to the future of retail with a spotlight on technology. Assistant Editor Alex Milstein breaks down the basics of artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR) and how they’re changing the furniture shopping experience. We also explain how building engagement on social media channels can boost business for retailers.
You’ve waited two years, and it’s finally here! Casual Living’s biennial Universe Study offers a comprehensive snapshot of the outdoor category, highlighting its growth across all segments from furnishings to shade to grills.
Also in This Issue:
• Designer Viewpoint: A Beverly Hills backyard gets a glam makeover, thanks to renowned designer Christopher Grubb.
• Market Report: Our editors give you the inside scoop on all the new outdoor introductions at the High Point Market. Can you say Cobonpue?
• Casual Insights: Kathy Wall of The Media Matters offers insight on refreshing your brand.