SFC accepting entries for 2017 #GetYourGreenOn design competition
May 12, 2017,
EDENTON, N.C. – The Sustainable Furnishings Council (SFC) is accepting entries for the 2017 #GetYourGreenOn design competition, a program that rewards sustainable choices in residential interiors. The deadline for 2017 entries is Friday, June 23.
Member and non-member interior designers and firms are eligible to enter the competition. Residential interior design projects completed between April 1, 2016, and March 31, 2017, qualify for this year’s competition. Entries must feature at least one product from an SFC-member manufacturer or supplier. Entrants must take SFC’s pledge to ask, "What's it made of?" The complete #GetYourGreenOn entry instructions can be found here.
See Related Article: Sustainable Furnishings Council announces 2017 board of directors
The SFC will choose a winner and finalist under three different categories, which have two total project cost classifications. Also, the competition gives the Design Excellence Award as a grand prize to a single entry.
The categories are:
• Shared spaces, $30,000 and under/$30,001 and above
• Private spaces, $30,000 and under/$30,001 and above
• Outdoor spaces, $30,000 and under/$30,001 and above
See Related Article: Sustainable Furnishings Council to hold anniversary celebration
“Designers are in an ideal position to move the needle in pollution prevention and support healthy environments both inside and outside the home,” said Susan Inglis, SFC executive director. “#GetYourGreenOn gives designers a way to show off their commitment, as well as their design skills. We are excited about the difference the ‘What's it made of?’ query can make, and we’re pleased to offer tools and information to help the design community."
The SFC will announce the Design Excellence recipient, category winners and category finalists in the fall. The 2016 winners include:
• Design Excellence Award: Paola McDonald, Olamar Interiors, Haymarket, Virginia, whose interior featured products from Jaipur Living, Jeffan International, Phillips Collection and Surya.
• Shared Spaces $30,000 and Above Award: Sheree Vincent, Fusion Designed, Minneapolis, whose lakeside home entry featured product from Kravet and Lee Industries.
• Shared Spaces $30,000 and Under Award: Robin Wilson, Robin Wilson Home, New York, whose winning dining room featured Somerton Dwelling.
• Outdoor Spaces $30,000 and Above Award: Dann Foley, Dann Inc., Palm Springs, California, whose historic home renovation featured product from Loloi Rugs and Safavieh.
• Shared Spaces $30,000 and Under — Finalist: Rachel Winokur, Rachel Winokur Interiors, Los Angeles, featured Cisco Brothers’ products in her Spanish Mediterranean-style residence entry.
• Shared Spaces $30,000 and Above — Finalist: Dann Foley, Dann Inc., Palm Springs, California, earned a distinction for a country club residence update that featured products from Nathan Anthony, Kravet and Loloi Rugs.
Related Content By Author
Live from Chicago!
Casual Living eWeekly