The B-52s, Starship and more to rock fall High Point Market
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 9/20/2011 10:55:07 AM
The B-52s, The Starship and The Fabulous Swingin' Richards will all perform during the Fall High Point Market, held Oct. 22-27, as part of International Market Center Opening Night and the Stars Under the Stars concert series, the High Point Market Authority announced.
The B-52s will take Center Stage at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 22, as International Market Centers makes its debut at the High Point Market with IMC Opening Night, a concert and celebration co-sponsored by the High Point Market Authority. The B-52s, known as "The World's Greatest Party Band," are known for hit songs "Rock Lobster," "Planet Claire," "Private Idaho," "Channel Z," "Love Shack" and "Roam."
"We really wanted to share our excitement and enthusiasm for being part of the High Point Market with everyone," said Bob Maricich, CEO of IMC. "What better way than to throw a huge celebration with one of the best party bands of all time."
The IMC Opening Night event will run until 9:30 p.m. IMC invites all market participants to attend and enjoy dancing, food and drinks.
The Stars Under the Stars concert series launches on Sunday, Oct. 23, with The Starship, starring Jefferson Starship vocalist Mickey Thomas. Relive the best of Jefferson Starship, with hits like "Jane," "We Built This City," "Sara" and "Find Your Way Back."
On Monday, Oct. 24, Stars Under the Stars features the traveling roadshow party band The Fabulous Swingin' Richards, bringing a playlist of dance music.
Doors open for all concerts at 7 p.m. at Center Stage, between the Transportation Terminal and Showplace.
The official High Point Market Kick-off Party, which runs from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 21, will also take place at Center Stage. All market participants are invited to enjoy complimentary food, drinks and live entertainment. The party is sponsored by IMC, Furniture/Today, Home Accents Today, Shelba D. Johnson Trucking and Ashley.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...