Major sponsors announced for exclusive designer workshop
June 14, 2017,
JAMESTOWN, N.C.—Sunbrella and Seasonal Living will sponsor an exclusive designer workshop for the interior design community, now tasked with designing for the outdoor category, one of the fastest-growing segments of the home furnishings industry.
"We’re looking forward to Casual Living's Designer Workshop at Furnitureland South," said Harrison Hood, residential sales associate, Glen Raven Custom Fabrics. "Connecting directly with designers is an important part of our business. It’s a great opportunity for designers to see and feel the textiles and learn the science behind what sets Sunbrella apart from other performance fabrics. That one-on-one time discussing design and performance is invaluable."
Likewise, Furnitureland South welcomes the opportunity to attract designers to their campus and to promote their state-of-the-art Design Center, as well as to partner with Sunbrella and Seasonal Living.
“We at Furnitureland South are proud to carry Sunbrella and Seasonal Living,” said Blair Ingle, executive director of sales and marketing, Furnitureland South. “Sunbrella has always been the industry standard of performance fabrics, with an ever-growing range of bold colors and patterns. We’re happy to deliver their fine, constantly innovative products on so much of our expansive selection of both indoor and outdoor furnishings.
“Seasonal Living and their aesthetic, blending the contemporary and the organic, never ceases to amaze us,” Ingle continued. “Such fashion-forward style speaks to our designers and our customers who want something modern, multifunctional and of the highest quality.”
Perhaps most important for the design community, the event will afford designers the opportunity to learn more about the casual furnishings category, as well as earn valuable CEUs.
Casual Living/Exterior Design Editor-in-Chief Waynette Goodson and Carmen Squadrito, a representative for luxury casual furnishings manufacturer Castelle, will offer insights into the outdoor industry during two CEU sessions. Attendees also will learn more about The Design Network from its founder and Furnitureland South co-owner, Jason Harris. Other highlights will include a vendor panel discussion with Sunbrella and Seasonal Living, as well as an outdoor showroom tour.
A gourmet lunch will be served during the event, and a cocktail hour is planned for 4 p.m. The first 25 attendees will receive a gift bag, as well as designer discounts from Furnitureland South. Admission for the workshop is free, but space is limited. To RSVP, contact Casual Living/Exterior Design Features Editor Jennifer Bringle at email@example.com or (336) 605-1007.
The schedule includes:
9:30 a.m. Meet and Greet Hosted by Furnitureland South (coffee and pastry provided) 10:30-11:30 a.m. “Furnishing the Great Outdoors – Tomorrow’s Opportunity Today"
• A designer-focused presentation on the opportunities and potential held within the outdoor design industry. The session will include research by Furniture Today/Casual Living on the size of the outdoor market, the characteristics of the buyers in the market and the tremendous sales opportunities for designers in the outdoor room. Presenter: Carmen Squadrito, 1 CEU credit
11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. The Design Network
• Furnitureland South co-owner Jason Harris introduces The Design Network, a go-to resource for design inspiration, home improvement, expert advice and insight into the best products for any designer project. It is a video network built on a shared passion for all things home and lifestyle.
12:30-1:30 p.m. – Lunch with speaker Waynette Goodson, Editor In Chief, Casual Living/Exterior Design
• Master Class: Performance Materials: Reticulated foam. Extruded aluminum. Marine-grade polymer. Navigating the outdoor furniture category is a bit like a science experiment. It’s important for designers to understand all the new technologies that allow casual furnishings to stand up to the rigors of Mother Nature. Becoming knowledgeable about performance materials will allow designers to understand the value of these expensive pieces and how to convey that value to clients. The Master Class presentation will explore four key categories: plastics (marine grade polymer and recycled plastic lumber), wicker (synthetic versus natural), alternative woods (beyond teak) and aluminum (cast, extruded and tubular). 1 CEU credit
1:30-2:30 p.m. – Outdoor Category Vendor Product Knowledge Panel/Q & A
• Sunbrella and Seasonal Living will share performance insight and product information for multiple construction styles.
2:30– 4 p.m. – Outdoor Category Retail Tour
4–5 p.m. – Conclusion with networking, cocktails & hors d’oeuvres
Related Content By Author
Dale Boles on Barcalounger Outdoor Living's Big Debut
Casual Living eWeekly
Most Viewed Articles
October Digital Edition
Don't miss the October digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s Market Issue, we’ll bring you all the highlights of Casual Market Chicago, from innovative new products and hot trends to this year’s award winners and a taste of the party scene. Plus, you’ll get a sneak peek of all the product debuts at High Point Market.
In this issue:
- Consumer Survey: Did you know three out of four consumers read online reviews before purchasing outdoor furniture? That’s just one of the shopping insights shared in our exclusive report on consumer buying habits.
- Designer Viewpoint: A North Carolina designer creates an outdoor space for a modern-day Brady Bunch. • Barbecue Lifestyle: Our grill guy gives tips on extending the season through the holidays.
- Focus On: Patterns punch up the style quotient of outdoor accessories.