Poly-Wood names Hertel and Tusing to corporate management team
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 11/1/2011 10:32:02 AM
Poly-Wood, a manufacturer of eco-friendly casual outdoor furniture, has recently named Doug Hertel as the company's marketing manager and Becky Tusing as its director of administration.
As marketing manager, Hertel is responsible for all marketing functions for the manufacturer including creation and coordination of advertising, publicity, product photography, marketing materials, trade shows, new product research and budgeting activities for the marketing department.
"With Doug's years of experience, he is a valuable addition to our marketing team," said Chad Yordy, director of sales and marketing for Poly-Wood. "As marketing manager, Doug will focus on further promoting the Poly-Wood brand and our premium position within the casual industry."
Hertel brings to his position more than 18 years of marketing and advertising experience. Prior to joining Poly-Wood, he was the owner of an Indiana-based advertising and design agency. Hertel reports to and assists Yordy.
"I am charged with placing continued importance on innovation and out-of-the-box thinking," said Hertel. "This emphasis is applied not only to our product line, but also to the manner in which they are presented, displayed and marketed."
As the recently named director of administration, Rebecca Tusing also is a new member of Poly-Wood's corporate management team. Reporting to the president of Poly-Wood, Doug Rassi, she joined the company in June of this year. As the director of administration, Tusing oversees all activities and personnel within the company's accounting, human resources, reception, customer service and warranty, information technology, and inventory management departments.
"My goal in this new position is to create an infrastructure in which we align people and processes to create a firm base on which to grow the company," Tusing said. "Poly-Wood is an exciting company with a lot of growth potential of which I am happy to be a part."
A graduate of Indiana University, Tusing is a licensed CPA with more than 30 years of experience in manufacturing and public accounting.
"The additions of Becky and Doug will increase our ability to better serve our customers and capitalize on the growth that is being experienced," said Doug Rassi, president of Poly-Wood. "We evaluated a lot of applicants for these important positions and are happy to have individuals of the caliber of Becky and Doug to help in driving Poly-Wood to the next level."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...